ATI TV Tuner Locks up in XP!

olrac

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2001
Has anyone encountered the problem in XP when initializing the TV wizard in the ati Multimedia Center 7.1, it locks up? My friend has the same video card(TNT) and he has no problem in XP, however he is running a motherboard with an intel chipset, Mine is Via technologies. If anyone has the same problem and you fixed it please share your knowledge. I can't get anywhere at the ati website, the tech support is very poor.

G

Hey,

I have the TV Wonder VE and I just got it going. However I have problems with it. During TV setup, if I select the line in or aux in for audio it locks up the install. So I just took the audio and plugged it into my stereo directly without going through the sound card. I set audio to CD in so I can get passed the sound setup window. So the TV tuner works. I pressed record one time and it locked up then. I'm not sure what will be causing this, I haven't called tech support. Its a cheap card, its probably a cheap product. Hardware as lists below.

Athlon 1200c 512Mb
ABIT KT7A133
Creative Geforce2 GTS
Win2000

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
i have an AIW+MMC 7.1+XP+KT 133A+TB & i haven't any pb with the tv tuner.

so i don't think the cause is your mb chipset or the MMC soft.
try to have a look to your drivers. you must have the last ones because of the XP OS.

check your audio+video drivers

if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy.

Tiberius13

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2002
You absolutely, positively must get the most recent drivers and software from the ATI website... I wouldn't even bother with the stuff from the cd-rom... uninstall it all, then download the up to date stuff from ATI.

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
Tiberius13 is right. Out of the box the TV wizard and the channel guide are pratically non-functional. Driver updates from ATI will fix most, but not all, issues.

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.