atikmdag bsod only on gaming

Gripps

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
I can use Video Editors or photoshop with no issues, when I play any game I get bsod within 5 min. Culprit atikmdag.sys. I tried many of the suggestions here already.

1. Replace at atikmdag using cmd
2. Clean uninstall driver and re-install
3. New power supply.
4. Installed more cooling fans.

I'm using three monitors. If i disconnect one, then I have no issues. I've replaces all the cables.

This problem started about a month ago, before that I had zero problems running three monitors and gaming.

My R7 250x 2gb is about 6 months old.

Has the card crapped already?

Most of the time the error you are seeing to do with Amd video drivers or software crashing.
Are a result of the graphics card getting a little bit too warm.

The best way by far is to go into the amd software suite, and the overclocking section for the 270X card you have.
Lower the core speed of the gpu frequency in by 100Mhz.
And do the same for the memory speed on the card also lowering by 100Mhz.

Apply the settings then restart the system.
Then test it to see if the error stops, for the video driver crashing.

Lowering each by 100Mhz will not effect how the card runs except in games where you may loose 2 to 3 frames per second when playing.

Gripps

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014

Gaming on one monitor, temps is about 55 C.

Well your system certainly doesn't require much power, the PSU calculator I use recommends a PSU of less than 350W.

That said even though you don't mention the mode of PSU, CM has some good supplies and some not so good supplies.

For now lets assume it's not a power problem.

Do you have Afterburner? If so, have you tried adjusting the Power Limit to 125%. I've been hearing issues with AMD cards lately being fixed by this. Not specifically your model, but it's worth a try.