[SOLVED] Attempt to recover data from an SSD with broken Sata and power port.

Nov 27, 2018
Hi guys,

This is my first ever post here.

So I've got this SSD which released smokes from the inside of my PC due to the Sata power port not plugged in properly (My bad!). It's an Intel 540s 240G. I got this device to run again by replacing both the Sata and Sata power port by soldering. One time I had to dust my PC and pull the Sata connectors from this SSD, once I pulled it the Sata ports went with the connector and taking almost all of the solder pads with it. So here's the picture of the poor patient:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/w52ZpCY6cNN3bQum9

I've marked the test points as red and checking the intel sata-specification: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-specifications/ssd-530-sata-specification.pdf Looks like I got all of the test points right. I do not have the resources to fix the solder pads so I'm thinking of using jumper wires to expose terminals. What is stopping me is, those things that I marked with blue. Anyone have an idea? I'm afraid that those are components smaller than SMD's that I'm not aware of, or maybe a point to place jumper wires on?

Once I got this connected back to my PC I will be retreiving all of its contents then maybe it is time to dispose it or just use as a non-important extra drive.

Solution
That drive needs to be tossed.
At most, it gets one more use....to maybe copy whatever is on it to something else.

If you can magic up the connection for that.
Nov 27, 2018

I've had all of my data saved somewhere else however I still like to see if I miss something important. Also it wouldn't be a bad thing if I could copy some of my seeky/heavy games in this SSD and play it from there like GTA V to decrease the stuttering everytime the game needs to fetch many things from the disk.

I still haven't touched the board yet since I'm fairly inexperience when it comes to electronics design and components. Just wanted to make sure I don't F*** this thing further.