Audio and video out of sync

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesper2370

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Specs:
CPU: i7-7700k
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (8G)
MOBO: MSI z270 krait gaming
I got a lot aswell, but i don't see that relevant to this case, only these specs.

Problem:
When i watch netflix, youtube, facebook and the video is above 5-10 min long, i start to notice delay in movement. At first it's like 500ms delay, but as i keep on watching further into the video, it gets worse. My record is 1.5 sec delay in movement. (Somebody talks but the mouth movement starts 1 sec after it's already said.

What have i tried?
Change browser, reinstall browser, delete cache, every possible thing i could think of. (Google Chrome, Edge, Firefox, almost every browser possible)
Reinstall network driver.
Reinstall audio driver
Installed the latest win update driver possible same goes with GPU and bios driver.

What fixes it temporarily?
Simply just refreshing the browser, but it starts to delay (go out of sync) after 3 min or less?

PS: When i start my computer after it's been fully shutdown (unplugged the power core) and turn it back on after like 30 min, it registers my network as it's not plugged in (Red cross at the internet like no LAN cable is plugged in)

jesper2370

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

Nothing in that secion called "s4 & s5", but it was disabled bu deafult. I only had the option to turn off and on the ErP control.

jesper2370

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

Otherwise i'll try and contact MSI and see, if they've found a solution or something :) But thank you very much for the effort though.

jesper2370

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

Instead of dc'ing the ssd. Can i just dc the storage devices, that doesn't contain win10 os, then reset my win10 through my main ssd, while all other storage device is dc'ed? (I'll format it through win10 reset button integrated onto win10)

jesper2370

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Well, it still has some issues apparrentley. Tho audio and video isn't out of sync anymore, just having small troubles connecting in an instant. That being the internet connection :)

tuckerharris

Reputable
Nov 17, 2015

I'm still dealing with this issue and I've been pushing off doing a clean install... I have a really custom setup so I was really hoping to find an alternative solution.. ugh..

This happened to me after setting up my new build and transferring over my previous OS onto my new comp. I had to re-activate Windows and have a feeling that has something to do with it... I'll reformat if I don't find a fix soon :(

jackh2001

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017

Have you found an alternative fix yet? I also have this problem and don't want to do a reinstall.

tuckerharris

Reputable
Nov 17, 2015

Still no fix unfortunately... I haven't had time to troubleshoot much though tbh. Looks like I'll be planning a re-install day.

Aug 19, 2018
For people still having this issue. If you have any GPU monitoring software running in your background (MSI afterburner, Aorus graphics engine etc) try closing it and see if the problem still persists.

jackh2001

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017

I have a GTX 1060 3GB, what would the monitoring software for that be?

Jan 3, 2019

Could be any of previously noted by mdavern13.

tuckerharris

Reputable
Nov 17, 2015
"I finally decided to format my computer, through microsoft's official setup tool, it all fixed. Something was interfering with my network, don't know what, but it's gone! :D "

The issue came back for me! I recently setup NVIDIA GeForce Experience.. maybe that had something to do with it I don't know..

Aug 21, 2019
The Nvidia GeFore experience comes with a Nvidia HD Audio Driver. You might want to look into that. Try uninstalling and see if that helps, or set another audio driver (realtek) as priority so its being used instead of the Nvidia one. If it works, reset back to the Nvidia driver and see if the problem starts again. If so, that's your (more like all of our) problem.

What SEEMS to have fixed it for me is unchecking the "Allow exclusive applications to take control over this device" in the control panel -> sound -> playback -> properties -> advanced -> exclusive mode directory, because after I unchecked the box, my youtube tab reloaded itself and BAM, no more audio de-sync.

Although I have tried other solutions. They didn't work for me, but they have worked for others, and there is no shame in trying. One of those solutions is to disable "fast boot" in windows. It has apparently worked for some people. I'll link the thread.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/video-slowly-loses-sync-with-audio.3302799/

Another solution I have found is the whole delete cookies and cache and relogging into youtube stuff. I'll link the thread as well.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/youtube-videos-audio-out-of-sync.3035163/

Hope something here helps!

Edit: holy crap, didn't realize that last post was from January...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dariada
Oct 28, 2019
guyz there is another thread about this issue and it works!!!

original post ;
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/video-slowly-loses-sync-with-audio.3302799/page-2?view=date

So you need to disable "fast startup" in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings !!!
its under the " choose what the power buttons do " section! and to un-check the "fast startup" you need to activate " change settings that are currently unavailable " from top of the " choose what the power buttons do " section!!!

and thats it! it really works!

Status
Not open for further replies.