[SOLVED] Audio cuts out for a few seconds

Knucklez

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2014
Hi,

I have a strange problem that suddenly started happening (I feel like this started with the latest Nvidia graphic card driver). The sound now goes off for 2 seconds and comes back. This is happening constantly every 30-40 seconds.

I can tell it's the system, because it happens no matter what speakers I use for the PC (currently I am using a soundbar, but this happens when I use the TV speakers too). The audio is connected via HDMI to the TV.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Solution
D
use DDU from safe mode to remove ALL graphics drivers. reboot and install the LAST version that was good from nvidia and see if it fixes it

dont install the latest version, the one before that
D

Deleted member 14196

use DDU from safe mode to remove ALL graphics drivers. reboot and install the LAST version that was good from nvidia and see if it fixes it

Reactions: Knucklez
Solution

Knucklez

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2014

I've also had another problem where NBA 2K21 didn't have audio in full screen, only windowed. Reverting back to older driver fixed those issues so thanks a lot! Turns out the latest driver has some issues.