Question Audio disappear on "heavy" tasking

Feb 6, 2019
Hello everyone

Since my "old - new" R9 290, I noticed that my volume disappearing when gaming or watching movies. It occurs after 2-10 minutes, approximately, depends on how heavy the task is. I had a similar problem with the keyboard before and it was the energy management issue. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix that current problem with the audio, because I didn't found any option for energy management. Just to insure, it is probably the PSU right? and is there any fix without changing the PSU?

I7-4770k
Antec VP550 (delta old design)
R9 290

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the Antec PSU? Why did you refer to your GPU as an old-new R9 290 ? You might want to include the rest of your specs like so:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Include your audio equipment and if you're getting audio from the monitor, the make and model of your display.

Feb 6, 2019
How old is the Antec PSU? Why did you refer to your GPU as an old-new R9 290 ? You might want to include the rest of your specs like so:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Include your audio equipment and if you're getting audio from the monitor, the make and model of your display.
My bad, I meant that I bought an used R9, but was never used for mining and he is still in good performance. I had GTX 660 and I never had a problem with the audio , it started when I switched to the R9. My Antec is 7 years old
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H (4th gen)
16 gb ram Corsair Vengeance
SSD 120 Kingdom + 1TB Black WD
Win 10 fully updated.
Audio is fully updated in device manager.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019
My bad, I meant that I bought an used R9, but was never used for mining and he is still in good performance. I had GTX 660 and I never had a problem with the audio , it started when I switched to the R9. My Antec is 7 years old
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H (4th gen)
16 gb ram Corsair Vengeance
SSD 120 Kingdom + 1TB Black WD
Win 10 fully updated.
Audio is fully updated in device manager.
Updating** --> with monitor volume everything is fine. So I guess the problem is with the GPU indeed, because it stops the "power supplying" to the audio unit, am I right?