Audio Disappearing Need Help

Sep 1, 2018
So my audio has been acting up recently. I've just come back from vacation and I've been away for about a month, my pc was doing okay and was working fine as well, but then I come back and boot it up and my audio keeps disappearing. I have to restart windows audio service every time it does this. It keeps redirecting the audio to something else other than my headset I'll ping around the volume mixer and won't hear a thing. It says the audio is playing through "Digital Audio (S/PDIF)" and I don't have anything else plugged in other than my headset that is audio related. I'm not too experienced with computers so I'm not sure what's causing it and how to fix it, but to regain my audio I have to restart the service. It also happens randomly, I'll be watching a video on youtube pause it and try to replay it and the audio is gone and the player crashes. It also seems that if I start up a game the audio will play and wont disappear on me, but if I restart said game the audio is gone and then I have to restart the service again and the sound comes back. If anyone knows what's wrong and knows how to fix this I'd be glad to hear a solution.