Question Audio Drivers are driving me insane

PC___Guy

Reputable
May 14, 2016
So I just upgraded to a i5-9400f cpu from a i3-7350k. Naturally, because of this I had to upgrade my motherboard as well, to which I bought an ASRock b365m Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard. I installed everything, and to my surprise everything worked. I installed the drivers from the disc and then moved on. I noticed my speakers weren't doing the speaker fill enhancement I usually had on, and investigated.

(Im breaking these into paragraphs to be easier to read) When I checked the sound control panel, I found that I couldn't do any enhancements to the speakers. After a quick search, I concluded that this was because of the realtek HD audio manager overriding control of the speakers (Logitech z506). I then made the decision to uninstall the realtek drivers in order to go back to the default windows drivers, but I didnt know I could choose that myself, which I wouldve done if I knew that.

I uninstalled the driver, and then the speaker disappeared. I've tried four times now installing the latest driver, 2.82, and then 2.81, or even the driver for this motherboard, but nothing works. I installed it once and it popped up, but this was because the installation of the realtek drivers failed, and then the speakers were on generic windows drivers, which worked PERFECTLY fine.

Let me just add, I absolutely despise realtek drivers. It is my opinion that they are trash, and that's solely because I've had this same issue on three different instances with two different speaker sets because the realtek audio manager just wanted to disappear. Anyone got any ideas how to get this virus off of my computer so I can use my speakers again?

Lutfij

Titan
Realtek drivers aren't the issue. If you did your digging across the www you'll quickly learn that the OS is having an issue trying to perform a handshake with the audio chip and it's drivers. Microsoft has been pushing for their own standardized audio drivers which quite frankly are worse if you consider Realtek's drivers bad.

Speaking of which, you could try and make sure you're on the latest BIOS first. Then check and see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on. After you do install the drivers for the onboard audio, you should then go into the app store and get Realtek's Audio Console and that should help manage your audio.

PC___Guy

Reputable
May 14, 2016
Doing all of this, I find it still does not work. Realtek Audio Console was actually installed with the drivers on the disc, but it still does not work. Here's what I did:

Got the latest BIOS and updated it.

Checked windows and updated it (NET framework update)

Installed audio driver for this motherboard (grabbed from the manufacturer's website because the disc doesn't explicitly say audio drivers)

Opened the Audio Console with the message "can not connect to RPC service"

Granted, I should include that the monitor is running off of AMD audio and my headset is running off of its own drivers. I meant to add that the system does not detect the speakers at all.