Question audio imbalance only with headphones?

ajspang02

Prominent
Dec 28, 2018
hey all i am in need of help, i have a set of speakers, and a pair of headphones and it seems that only in my headphones the audio is imbalanced (right ear is louder) i have checked all balance adjusters in realtek and windows and they were set equally at 100/100 and it still is imbalanced, right now i have the right adjusted to be quieter then the left to make it somewhat balanced but am still yet to find a happy medium and it bugs the hell out of me. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and realtek hd drivers and the audio control application and nothing has worked, i have also tried the front and back audio ports and same thing. sorry i didn't mention but i am using (HyperX Cloud Alpha) and when i plug them into my phone its equally balanced so i need some help diagnosing the problem. i just got my headphones yesterday so their is no way it could be them, and this problem happened with my last headset as well which is why i ordered a new pair because it thought it was the headset being faulty, but that headset was wireless and this one is wired?? could it be a problem with my sound card in my motherboard? granted my headphones sound way better on my phone then they do my computer.

ajspang02

Prominent
Dec 28, 2018
hey all i am in need of help, i have a set of speakers, and a pair of headphones and it seems that only in my headphones the audio is imbalanced (right ear is louder) i have checked all balance adjusters in realtek and windows and they were set equally at 100/100 and it still is imbalanced, right now i have the right adjusted to be quieter then the left to make it somewhat balanced but am still yet to find a happy medium and it bugs the hell out of me. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and realtek hd drivers and the audio control application and nothing has worked, i have also tried the front and back audio ports and same thing. sorry i didn't mention but i am using (HyperX Cloud Alpha) and when i plug them into my phone its equally balanced so i need some help diagnosing the problem. i just got my headphones yesterday so their is no way it could be them, and this problem happened with my last headset as well which is why i ordered a new pair because it thought it was the headset being faulty, but that headset was wireless and this one is wired?? could it be a problem with my sound card in my motherboard? granted my headphones sound way better on my phone then they do my computer.

Lutfij

Titan
Please stick to one thread since it's on the same topic.

We are going to need more information. Can you first list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Then check and see which version of your OS you're on(assuming you're on Windows 10) and which version of BIOS you're on for your motherboard.

How are you connected to the system with your new headphones? Using the splitter or the 3.5mm 4 pole audio jack? If the audio issue persisted with your older pair of headphones(what is the make and model?), then the issue can't be the sound card, since a wireless pair of headphones operate off a wireless receiver/hub/station which runs off the USB port in turn.

I'm looking at either a driver issue or the OS being finicky.

ajspang02

Prominent
Dec 28, 2018
Please stick to one thread since it's on the same topic.

We are going to need more information. Can you first list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Then check and see which version of your OS you're on(assuming you're on Windows 10) and which version of BIOS you're on for your motherboard.

How are you connected to the system with your new headphones? Using the splitter or the 3.5mm 4 pole audio jack? If the audio issue persisted with your older pair of headphones(what is the make and model?), then the issue can't be the sound card, since a wireless pair of headphones operate off a wireless receiver/hub/station which runs off the USB port in turn.

I'm looking at either a driver issue or the OS being finicky.
CPU: i7 6800k
MOBO: gigabyte GA-X99-SLI
RAM: 16gb ddr4 3000 mhz
SSD/HDD: 3 ssd's and 1tb hdd
GPU: RTX 2070
PSU: EVGA 700W 80plus gold

im also running latest bios for my mobo, updated it last night.
im using a 3.5mm splitter that goes into the mic and headphone port that came with my headset, but i have also tried it without the splitter and directly into headphone port and problem persists.