Audio jacks not working after moving into a new case.

AusEm

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
I recently bought the Corsair Graphite Series 760T, and moved my PC into the new case. Afterwards, though, I discovered that neither audio jack work properly. The front one just makes a buzzing sound, and no real audio actually outputs, and the back one is extremely quiet. It wasn't like this in the previous case, so I don't know what happened. The HDAudio is plugged properly.

Solution
Check your front speaker connection to the motherboard. It needs to match polarity. Case plugs are usually marked. Power and reset connections are just switches and polarity isn't as much an issue.

Sneezer

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
You've got a short somewhere (that's what the buzzing is). Check your wires for any exposed wiring that could possibly be touching a conductor (other wires or surrounding metal).

I'd check your wiring diagram as well, just to make sure you got it plugged in correctly. Are all other case components working (power LED, power button, etc.)?

Appzalien

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
Check your front speaker connection to the motherboard. It needs to match polarity. Case plugs are usually marked. Power and reset connections are just switches and polarity isn't as much an issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS