Audio keeps shutting off

greyfeld

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
This just started yesterday. I installed my new graphics card, then a little later I booted up Assassin's Creed: Unity (the lag and choppiness that showed up with my old card made it nigh-unplayable, so I hadn't spent much time in-game at this point). It played fine for a while, but without warning the audio just stopped. The volume on my headset was fine, so I went to youtube to double check, and got nothing, so I figured at this point that it wasn't just the game.

After playing around with my settings for a bit, I found that if I disabled the jack for my headset, then re-enabled it, the sound came back just fine. Unfortunately, after playing for another 20-30 minutes, the audio stopped again. This happened a couple more times before I was done playing for the night.

I spent a couple hours watching streams and youtube videos yesterday as well, but this only happened while playing my game. I played a couple hours of Hearthstone without any issues, either. However, I haven't tried other full screen, high load games to see if it will happen while playing them, or if it's isolated to ACU (or if maybe I just got lucky that it didn't cut out, outside of the game).

I should also note that whatever's happening, it's like it's suppressing the audio channel. When I ran an audio test on my playback devices window, the port I have my headset plugged into didn't register any sound at all (before the dis/re-enable I mentioned earlier). The other channels did, however, even though I have nothing plugged into them.

Here's my rig info:

• i5-3550 CPU
    8gb DDR3 RAM
    Tri-x OC R9 290 4gb GPU
    ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP mobo
    Windows 7 64-bit

greyfeld

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Still dealing with this issue, looking for somebody to help. I checked my drivers, and they're already up to date. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game. After a couple hours of gameplay, it started cutting out the audio again, so obviously the problem hasn't gone away.

kimatahi

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Definetly ACU issue.Try reinstalling Headset drivers(MAYBE IT HELPS, used to work for me in some games) ..