Question Audio Management (PreSonus 24C DAW)

Anomaly_76

Great
Jan 14, 2024
Okay... To try to make this simple, I have had a myriad of issues with my PC's onboard RealTek audio. Windows can't seem to keep it working, so my audio randomly cuts out, requiring driver delete / reinstall, or restarting the service. I've been round the robin of the usual remedies, and it refuses to stay operable. I personally think it's Microsoft not leaving well enough alone.

However, since investing in a DAW interface (Presonus 24c) for home studio recording, I've read that DAWs can support gaming audio. Hence, I would like to simply disable the onboard audio completely (or reduce it to HDMI output only) and use the DAW for everything.

My audio outputs are as follows:

Polk Audio Soundbar (SPID / BT / analog)
Studio Monitors (analog 1/4" from DAW)
Logitech Zone Vibe 100 headset (BT)

Ideally, I would like for the system to automatically cut out the studio monitors and sound bar when my headset connects, but thus far, I don't think I'm going to get that lucky.

Since I also stream from a Roku 4K, I'm thinking the simplest idea would be to use PC HDMI out and Roku HDMI audio into my Hisense A6, then patch its 3.5" out to an input on my mixer, which is already patched to the DAW, which is connected to the PC via USB-C.

Is there any sort of device that I can put inline between the mixer and the DAW (or maybe the DAW and monitors), that can allow me to control output between these three devices with BT, analog and an SPID? Also -- not a deal breaker, but I would like to be able to use my Zone Vibe 100 with Google Voice via web if possible.

Last edited: