[SOLVED] Audio Not Working when using Integrated Graphics HDMI ?

Jun 7, 2021
I have an MSI Z370 Pro Carbon with an intel i7 8700k, I have been running my 1070 Ti with a monitor and a Tv with audio for quite some time, but I wanted to try using my tv through my mobo, I have since enabled the integrated graphics, installed all the drivers through intel's driver assistant and other software, fixed my realtek HD audio so it's now in my icons on the bottom right I also checked my BIOs to make sure the audio was enabled but my tv does not show up as an option for an audio device
I'm at a loss for what to try.

Solution
Setting aside the reason why you want to run the TV through integrated graphics, I believe you need to change your audio source from the speaker icon, next to the clock/date. Most likely Windows is defaulting to the HDMI connection in your GPU as the main audio source. By clicking on the speaker icon, you should see a description of your audio source (something like "Speakers (Realtek Audio)") and an arrow. When you click the arrow, it should show a submenu indicating to "Select playback device". Click on the other device you got available and see if it works.

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you currently on? YOU might want to cross reference the BISO listed on MSI's support page. As for the drivers, use DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers, reboot and then manually install the latest drivers for your GPU, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. First install the iGPU and then the discrete GPU drivers. As for the drivers, manually source them from Intel and Nvidia.

Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Ideally you should be on version 21H1.

Jun 7, 2021
BIOs version 7b45vAB The newest one not in beta for resizable mode. ?
Just out of curiosity if I am not plugging the HDMI into the GPU is that necessary? I could see that being the fix if the GPU audio were the problem.
The problem is the TV doesn't show up as plugged in, but the video is working fine while plugged into the MOBO.
Windows version is 20H2 and I only have the option to update to cumulative update preview KB5003214

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
Setting aside the reason why you want to run the TV through integrated graphics, I believe you need to change your audio source from the speaker icon, next to the clock/date. Most likely Windows is defaulting to the HDMI connection in your GPU as the main audio source. By clicking on the speaker icon, you should see a description of your audio source (something like "Speakers (Realtek Audio)") and an arrow. When you click the arrow, it should show a submenu indicating to "Select playback device". Click on the other device you got available and see if it works.

Solution