[SOLVED] audio not working

mikegeoplays

Honorable
Sep 11, 2018
So basically, my audio does not work in some games.

The games with audio problems are:
Kerbal Space Program
Clone Hero
Totally accurate battle zombielator
Totally accurate battlegrounds
Geometry Dash

Most of these games will just run without audio, but when I load Clone Hero, I get an error message saying "Failed to initialize audio device".

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600X
Included cooler
Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070 Super
WD Blue HDD
Crosshair VII Hero WiFi (open box used)
Team Vulcan RAM (2400mHz manual OC to 3000) (used a little bit my one of my friends)
Windows 10 Pro unregistered
Phanteks Eclipse P300 (I don't think this matters since I have my headset plugged into my motherboard)

I use a Turtlebeach Recon 70 headset with a splitter from an Onikuma K8 headset.
I have the newest Realtek audio drivers (according to ASUS grid), as of January 29, 2020. My BIOS version is 3004 x64 (build date December 16, 2019). I think these issues only started after I updated my BIOS from the previous version from the one listed. I think it's because of my BIOS, but I have a few less plausible ideas. If any of you know what's wrong and how I can fix it, it would be much appreciated.
Edit: Should I get a sound card if all else fails?

Last edited:
Solution
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You might want to try and reflash the BIOS with the same BIOS version(3004, which indeed is the latest as of this writing). The latest audio drivers, here, are of 2019/12/03. Try uninstalling your drivers and reinstalling them with the one listed on Asus's support site.

I don't think the headset might be the issue, provided you've tried working with them on a donor system.

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You might want to try and reflash the BIOS with the same BIOS version(3004, which indeed is the latest as of this writing). The latest audio drivers, here, are of 2019/12/03. Try uninstalling your drivers and reinstalling them with the one listed on Asus's support site.

I don't think the headset might be the issue, provided you've tried working with them on a donor system.

Solution

mikegeoplays

Honorable
Sep 11, 2018

I think I'm on the latest version of windows, but how do I check?
Also, my headset worked fine with the splitter on my old pc.
And I tried reflashing the BIOS, and nothing changed.
I also updated my audio drivers and it still doesn't work.

Last edited: