Question Audio only works on the left side after changing CPU

BMB116

Prominent
Jun 6, 2023
So I've just swapped from a 5600 to a 5700X3D and the audio is only working on the left side of my headset. It is acting weird, if I go to balance settings and raise the right side level the sound in the left headphone goes up in volume even if I didn't touch the left side. I am using 7.1 Surround sound and when I go to test it only the left (L) channel has any sound, all of the others like right, center, center-left and such are gone. I have another set of headphones and plugging those in has the same result.

I did the most logical thing and swapped my 5600 back in the system but now it does the same thing with my 5600 as well. Both the monitor speakers and my Galaxy Buds2 on bluetooth work just fine. My next step would be to reinstall Windows but I want to ask your opinion on this.

So what do you think? Could this be damaged built-in audio on the motherboard end? Is this driver/Windows related? Feel free to ask away further if you feel I didn't provide some information.

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X3D (and 5600)
CPU Cooler: ID Cooling SE 214XT
Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 R2.0
RAM: 2x16Gb G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz CL18
GPU: PowerColor Hellhound 7800XT
Boot SSD: Samsung 870 Evo
PSU: Thermaltake Thoughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold

BMB116

Prominent
Jun 6, 2023
Update: It seems something with the rear audio ports is wrong.

Plugged the headphones in the front panel jack and it works flawlessly. Somehow me changing the CPU made the rear audio ports malfunction. I am either very clumsy or very unlucky