Question Audio out of sync. Realtek audio driver problem?

Feb 28, 2019
After a W10 update I now have problems with any kind of streamed media in any browser (youtube, netflix, twitch etc.). The sound gets out of sync and always precedes the video. I have tried to update drivers and to revert back to windows drivers, but nothing have helped.

I am using a Asus Z370-P motherboard with Realtek onboard sound, and a headset as output.

I can post a dxdiag if thats a help.

Hope you can help me

Thanks

Hello

Can you please confirm what drivers did you update or rollback? My suggestion would be to update (or rollback) the graphics driver as well?

If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling the most recent Windows update and see if the problem is fixed.

Please report back with the results for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Feb 28, 2019
Feb 28, 2019
I think I may have fixed it by opening Realtek software and changing output from speakers to headphones. I always had my headphones connected, but for some reason they registered as speakers.

Edit. Okay so it diden't fix it. sound still going out of sync :D

Last edited:

domjam

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
iv had this problem for months..its so annoying its not just web browser for me its any video I play. the audio will get ahead of the video.. happens in vlc happens in windows media player.. nothing has fixed it..I do not get this problem in games though. just videos. Did you ever find a solution??