audio output to vga

Solution
i am saying that the adapter you picked and linked to would not get any sound anywhere. kane pointed out that you can still get sound out of the mobo which is correct as well. so an active adapter with no audio port would still get video to the monitor and you can still get sound out of the normal mobo port as you always have.

the adapter i linked to would give you both a video signal to the monitor as well as an audio signal to whatever you plugged into it. either will work fine and is a choice you get to make.

please note again that the adapter you linked to will not get a signal to the monitor and should not be chosen in either case.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
thanks for adding that. guess i should have put that in my answer as well.

i don't use the hdmi audio to my monitor but rather use the mobo audio output to my speakers. easy to set in the audio settings as kanewolf notes.

but either way you do need an active hdmi to vga convertor to use the monitor with the 1050

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i am saying that the adapter you picked and linked to would not get any sound anywhere. kane pointed out that you can still get sound out of the mobo which is correct as well. so an active adapter with no audio port would still get video to the monitor and you can still get sound out of the normal mobo port as you always have.

the adapter i linked to would give you both a video signal to the monitor as well as an audio signal to whatever you plugged into it. either will work fine and is a choice you get to make.

please note again that the adapter you linked to will not get a signal to the monitor and should not be chosen in either case.

Solution