Audio problem asus

zavierstod

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
I've been having issues with my audio on my headset. I play simple indie games and the audio works fine, but when I play more high end games my audio crashes and doesn't come back on unless I disable my audio driver and enable it again. I downloaded the realtek driver and that kills my audio completely from boot up (and yes I followed the link from the asus website). so I tried the generic audio and that's where I get something, but as soon as I play a game like pubg or even a game like Raft, it just sputters and dies and just makes audible pops every 4 seconds panning from left ear to right ear. I've been tackling this problem for several days now trying different headsets, different hook up locations, different settings in everything dealing with audio settings, tried the garbage troubleshooting, I tried different volumes, power settings, and my windows is fully up to date and I'm getting no where. I also tried with the realtek audio manager. i tried all of this with both the generic hd audio diver and the realtek audio driver. the furthest I've gotten is using the generic driver with simple games and videos but beyond that my audio just dies. side note my graphic card is up to date as well and i get audio from my HDMI just not out of my front and rear mic and headset inputs

windows 10 home 64bit
AMD FX 8350 4.1 GHz
Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Radeon r9 280x graphics card
8gb DDR4 RAM

Solution
Do a system restore then to a time before the update... because this a very bizarre scenario; though it can be the mobo, but it seems rather a software issue. Do a system restore and see if it fixes things.
And the thing which is most confusing to me is how are you using ddr4 ram with that setup, 8350 just doesnt support ddr4.
I guess you are using the from panel i/o speaker header. Try reseating the front panel audio cable on the motherboard and check whether the graphics card is causing interference or not. But my guess, most probably the front panel audio header is faulty, and just replacing it will fix things.

zavierstod

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
i tried both front and rear panels and both give the same result, i get audio with generic driver but it dies with updated driver and/or when i play "beefy" games. note that it was working completely fine for like 4 days and then it just stop working. i doubt this has any correlation but the only difference between when it was working to when it was not was a windows update.

Do a system restore then to a time before the update... because this a very bizarre scenario; though it can be the mobo, but it seems rather a software issue. Do a system restore and see if it fixes things.
And the thing which is most confusing to me is how are you using ddr4 ram with that setup, 8350 just doesnt support ddr4.

Solution