Question Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ microphone not registering in Device Manager ?

Lutfij

Titan
At this moment of time the mic that's default is the mic in your Logitech webcam. might want to see if reinstalling your chipset drivers(with the latest version) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, helps.

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
At this moment of time the mic that's default is the mic in your Logitech webcam. might want to see if reinstalling your chipset drivers(with the latest version) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, helps.
Thank's. I might be able to find something for my motherboard but I am just assuming the mic's outdated. The device works. But, I have no idea if "line" works or if its bunked. If i plug a stereo cord to the computers line "in" I don't hear anything. The idea is it should record the sounds being heard if you plug the headphones in. Except, all thats done with most programs that are for streaming. The mic has an audio playback feature built into it so what you hear in your headphones is set to a mic level over the output of the stereo.

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
I have gotten a bit closer. It no longer says "line" I just had to edit it and restore settings did not reset the name of the device. I am assuming I have failed in my past a few times. Currently unavailable is also fixed. And now the microphone itself is. I am assuming it's totally in proper working order. I just have no reason to plug it into the headphones line in slotted from the microphone to the motherboard. If anyone know's if its ok to use a stereo cord? I have a few left over. A green one/black one/peach color left over from a 5.2 surround sound system I bought back in the day for a mobo that supported it. 3.5mm. I am not sure if the 3 colored cords are the same. Thanks! Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Last edited: