Question Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

Sami Elamin

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017
Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking.
Solutions I've tried:
  1. turning off audio enhancements
  2. reinstalling lan, and audio drivers
  3. turning off HPET
  4. lowering the sound quality in control panel
  5. DPC Latency checker (no change when spiking)
None of these solutions work. Please help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have the latest sound drivers for the motherboard?

audiodg.exe [Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation] file hosts the audio engine for Windows. All the DSP [Digital Signal Processing] and audio processing is performed within this file. Vendors are able to install their own DSP and audio effects into the audio pipeline, which will then be processed by audiodg.exe

Sami Elamin

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

audiodg.exe [Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation] file hosts the audio engine for Windows. All the DSP [Digital Signal Processing] and audio processing is performed within this file. Vendors are able to install their own DSP and audio effects into the audio pipeline, which will then be processed by audiodg.exe
Im not sure. How do you check? Also, how do I download the latest one?

Sami Elamin

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

Alright i checked and the default driver I use is "USB Audio Device", not RealTek.

Sami Elamin

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

Hello? still need help.