Aurora r4 New drive installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2018
I was recently given a Alienware Aurora R4 without a hard drive. I bought a Samsung 860 Pro 500GB with an Icy Dock case. I installed the drive in the first bay and turned on the computer but nothing comes up. The monitor displays No Input. I verified the monitor works fine with other systems. I'm using an HDMI cable connected to the AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphics card. I have tried booting in BIOS, etc but nothing works. Any ideas?
I was recently given a Alienware Aurora R4 without a hard drive. I bought a Samsung 860 Pro 500GB with an Icy Dock case. I installed the drive in the first bay and turned on the computer but nothing comes up. The monitor displays No Input. I verified the monitor works fine with other systems. I'm using an HDMI cable connected to the AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphics card. I have tried booting in BIOS, etc but nothing works. Any ideas?

Solution
Could be anything from bad power supply, bad motherboard, bad video card, etc... Need to start ruling out what the issue may be. Try another video card in the system. Does it turn on at all? If you remove all RAM does the system give you error beeps? Did you go over the system fully to make sure everything in plugged in? Did you check with whoever gave you the system if it even worked?
Could be anything from bad power supply, bad motherboard, bad video card, etc... Need to start ruling out what the issue may be. Try another video card in the system. Does it turn on at all? If you remove all RAM does the system give you error beeps? Did you go over the system fully to make sure everything in plugged in? Did you check with whoever gave you the system if it even worked?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.