Australian Carrier: Motorola X Phone Will be a 'Game Changer'

Status
Not open for further replies.

emperor piehead

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
[citation][nom]thecouchguy[/nom]And I want one. If the battery life and software is good, this will be a good upgrade from my crappy HTC desire.[/citation]
Ditto i have an HTC inspire and it will probably this or a Ubuntu phone. I hate my battery life though i can use 20% of my battery life by surfing the web for 25mins. :(

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
If Google/Motorola doesn't put physical hardware to keep customers from rooting, as Motorola was famous for, I can see them being a very good contender with Samsung and Apple. It would be much akin to Google's Nexus line, where they would control all aspects of hardware and software. Here's to hoping!

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
"It has software features not available on any Samsung Galaxy or..."

So much for Google stating that Motorola wouldn't have any advantages or early access to software vs other Android vendors. If this is true they are going to piss off Samsung, LG, HTC and others who all expect to have equal access to Android. You know, since Android is open and all that.

clownbaby

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]They say that about every new phone but the only thing that really changes is the screen size. Eventually we'll all be carrying phones the size of iPads if the trend keeps up.[/citation]
I make calls on my nexus 7 all the time while waiting in line for coffee just to see the envious looks of all the iphone/galaxy note users

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Key lime pie, flexible display, long battery life, unbreakable... where do I sign up? This is a surprise of an Article from Zak..

Remember that "Thanks for beta testing the smartphone" commercial from Microsoft. If this is true, then everyone really has been just "testing" up to now...

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]"It has software features not available on any Samsung Galaxy or..."So much for Google stating that Motorola wouldn't have any advantages or early access to software vs other Android vendors. If this is true they are going to piss off Samsung, LG, HTC and others who all expect to have equal access to Android. You know, since Android is open and all that.[/citation]

Yes, but find a single vendor that has consistently used "Real" android, instead of touchwiz, sense, etc.. overlays.

There has only been one line of phones that has had real android, and that has been the nexus line. If Motorola will only serve real android from now on, and their products are far Superior to all the customized crap other vendors are releasing, then maybe just maybe, we can get the consumers to stop buying marketing, and start buying the product that deserves their $'s.

alfaalex101

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I don't know Motorola - you treated me bad with my Atrix 4G. Abysmal battery, eventual Wifi hardware error, lied that it would get Android 4.0, weak plastic mesh covering speaker that eventually gets punctured, useless MotoBlur bloatware, possessed touch screen, terrible low light sensitivity, hot and slow. Me and my friends all got the Atrix 4G and experienced the same problems.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
That last word caught my attention in a big way. "unbreakable" Probably an overstatement, I'm all for sturdy mobile devices. In fact I only ever buy sturdy devices. If it's tougher than a Motorola Defy then this may be the first truly high-end phone I buy. It will definitely not hurt if the software is as good as claimed.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i am also in the... unbreakable, challenge accepted group. I would love a more durable phone but most the "durable" phones out there have such terrible specs that i just get an otterbox defender for my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.