[SOLVED] Auto shutdown before normal boot

Jakepoong

Reputable
Oct 6, 2016
Hi guys, my motherboard (or pc) has been acting weird recently. Few months ago whenever I switch on my power switch and boot my computer for the first time, it will always go into bios first instead of straight booting. Now, when I switch on my power and boot my pc for the first time, it will first start all the fan, led strip etc component. 5 seconds later it will auto shutdown and auto restart, this is the thing I need to get through every time I cut off and on back my power switch. After 2nd "boot" i did say? it will bring me into the traditional bios (not sure wat it called) where it show u the devices connected and press F1 to enter bios setup, then I need to enter bios by pressing F1, and press SAVE AND EXIT on my bios only I can boot into windows. Trying swapping other spare board's CMOS battery (not sure whether it still work or not but changing it doesnt help, will buy a new CMOS battery soon). So what could the problem be ? The motherboard Im using is Asus Z170S Sabertooth.

Solution
It sure look like a flat cmos battery from your description. You may have two flat cmos batteries, especially if that older mainboard is old.

Latest posts