Automatic Repair/Recovery Disc Problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrVigilante

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Hello,

I have came across this particular problem recently and am in need of professional help.

About a week ago, I started up my ASUS X55U-EH11 15.6-Inch Laptop and was greeted with the Automatic repair loop. After searching for a solution until my face turned blue, I ordered a Windows 8 Recovery Disc in hopes that it will work. However, that was not the case. I set the boot option to the disc drive and upon boot I get a 'loading files', black screen, then small blue boxes on the top of the screen as if something was loading. Then halfway through, I get another black screen. Then the computer turns itself off.

I have a bunch of files on my computer that I simply can not lose. I'm trying very hard to avoid wiping out the system. I just want to recover everything and return to normal. Win8 Experts...please help me.

Thank you,
Glenn

Awesome! Glad to hear it worked. If you are looking to wipe the drive so that recovery is no longer possible, a favorite tool of mine is DBAN.

If you aren't quite that paranoid (if the drive is going to be leaving your hands via RMA or any other method except to be shredded, I would be paranoid), a simple format of the drive in Windows will do.

Latest posts