Question Automatic Repair screen keeps popping up every time I reboot

Apr 24, 2019
Ok so I recently updated my bios (which was a pretty nerve-racking experience for me) and everything seemed to work out fine, but now instead of booting straight into windows, I get an automatic repair screen instead and it happens every time I reboot. The weird thing is, I can still boot into windows by clicking "use a device" in "advanced options" and booting from a drive and everything is fine (or at least I think it is). No doubt this was caused by the bios update but I just want to know if the reason for the repair screen is because there is an actual problem with my pc that i should look into or is it just windows 10 acting weird because of an unexpected change? and if it is the latter, is there a way I could disable or remove it because it is kind of a pain. Thanks.

pc specs if needed:
cpu: i7-6700k
mb: msi z170m mortar
ram: 16GB trident z 3200mhz
gpu: msi gtx 1070ti duke
psu: evga 550w gs 80+ gold
storage: 1 crucial mx500 500gb ssd & 1 WD blue 1tb hdd

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? With the way you've mentioned it, I'd ask you to backup any critical content off of the installation drive(C) and then reinstall the OS after creating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

I'm assuming you're on the latest BIOS update? If so, what version are you on at the moment? (just checking).

Apr 24, 2019
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? With the way you've mentioned it, I'd ask you to backup any critical content off of the installation drive(C) and then reinstall the OS after creating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

I'm assuming you're on the latest BIOS update? If so, what version are you on at the moment? (just checking).
Thanks for the response.

I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 (v. 1809) and I updated to the latest version of my BIOS (7972vAC). I was hoping I wouldn't have to do a clean install but I figure that's probably my best bet.

Another interesting thing of note that I discovered after posting this (I realize this is mainly a motherboard/BIOS problem more than it is a Windows problem so sorry if I'm in the wrong forum category) is that there are no problems with booting into Windows if I manually boot from my SSD in the boot selection menu by pressing F11. So I figured I could just set my SSD as the prioritized boot device in the BIOS and I'd be good but when I go into the BIOS, my ssd is no where to be seen in the boot-able drive list options. I mean, it's still being recognized by my motherboard and I'm able to boot from it manually but it just doesn't show up in my drive list options so I'm unable to set priority on it. I don't know what's going on there. Booting manually only takes like a second longer so it isn't that much of an inconvenience but I'm just hoping I didn't mess anything up. I'll probably just go through with doing a clean install anyway though.