Question Automatic scrolling in start menu etc.

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
I turned my PC on today and tried to search something in the start menu. I notice when I tried to type; my text wasn’t showing and nothing was showing up as it usually would.

instead I noticed that my PC is automatically scrolling non stop throughout the little menus on the side (power, settings, pictures, documents etc).

I also noticed when I right click on a programme that is pinned to my task bar, it will scroll non stop.

when I say scroll I mean, it’s the same action as if you were to hold the up arrow on your keyboard, how it scrolls up through the different options non stop, that’s what is happening on my computer.

I have restarted my computer numerous times. I have done a system restore, I have tried a different keyboard, tried unplugging my mouse. Ran a malwarebytes scan and no problems were reported back.

anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Only started last night, but when I restarted my PC last night it stopped, today it’s persisting.

thankall

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
I turned my PC on today and tried to search something in the start menu. I notice when I tried to type; my text wasn’t showing and nothing was showing up as it usually would.

instead I noticed that my PC is automatically scrolling non stop throughout the little menus on the side (power, settings, pictures, documents etc).

I also noticed when I right click on a programme that is pinned to my task bar, it will scroll non stop.

when I say scroll I mean, it’s the same action as if you were to hold the up arrow on your keyboard, how it scrolls up through the different options non stop, that’s what is happening on my computer.

I have restarted my computer numerous times. I have done a system restore, I have tried a different keyboard, tried unplugging my mouse. Ran a malwarebytes scan and no problems were reported back.

anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Only started last night, but when I restarted my PC last night it stopped, today it’s persisting.

thankall

NEVER MIND GUYS. I REALISED I HAD AN XBOX CONTROLLER PLUGGED IN AND THE ANALOG STICK WAS STUCK MAKING THE MENUS SCROLL.

MY APOLOGIES