AVADirect’s X7200: The GeForce GTX 485M SLI Mobile Graphics Giant

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thom293

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
Crashman - thank you. I come to Tom's because I consider it relatively objective. Thank you for confirming that. Just to note - I wasnt shilling for any manufacturer - I own both Nvidia and AMD cards. Because of the time delay that you didnt have any control over, it was just a bit confusing. Its very clear now. Once again - thanks for the review. I havent seen another that compares both of the flagships in dual-gpu setups yet.

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
well everyone who has already posted knows best what side is cheap. but talking about those MGPU's nvidia was fast with some games and amd gpu's with other games... seriously this is annoying !

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]_Pez_[/nom]well everyone who has already posted knows best what side is cheap. but talking about those MGPU's nvidia was fast with some games and amd gpu's with other games... seriously this is annoying ![/citation]The significance of this article was that as long as Eurocom was the only company selling 6970M CrossFire, 485M SLI could be purchased at lower cost from someone else (AVADirect, MALIBAL, etc). Now that Eurocom is distributing its 6970M at a lower price to companies like AVADirect and MALIBAL, that significance has vanished.

kustiki321

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
This is fucking annoying. I can't properly look at these benchmarks now that you made them zoom in. Clicking in and out or for a new tab is a lot more annoying than what you had in the reviews from even a few days ago. What happened? On the subject of this, I'm still also miffed that the picture galleries still require a tab reload rather than just reloading within the tab.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]kustiki321[/nom]This is fucking annoying. I can't properly look at these benchmarks now that you made them zoom in. Clicking in and out or for a new tab is a lot more annoying than what you had in the reviews from even a few days ago. What happened? On the subject of this, I'm still also miffed that the picture galleries still require a tab reload rather than just reloading within the tab.[/citation]The article focused on graphics capability, and the non-graphics benchmarks were included only to prove parity between systems. Since most people don't need to actually examine proof of parity, the "irrelevant" benchmarks were crammed onto a single page.

susennath

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
technical specification given by site is very good, but for farther reading pls remember attached some useful links with the article at the end of the features. it will may be help for us father reading.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
A very nice article, though I am still not convinced about carrying this thing with me around. It also has no viable upgrade paths(except for the overpriced GPU modules), low battery life, an astronomical price tag (for a laptop). For this price anybody can assemble a dream machine that will last longer than this thing. Don't get me wrong, I am not against the mobility trend. But I think I'll wait for more elegant options before taking this step.

Status
Not open for further replies.