Question Available for specific video sites???

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Hey guys!

I'm trying to use Fandraft for the second year for my fantasy football draft and I can't seem to get my macbook to project wirelessly to my epson projector this year. I'm pretty sure last year I just went to 'cast' in chrome. When I do that this year, I can find both my fire tv cube and my panasonic blu ray player but both say 'available for specific video sites' and don't seem to allow me to select them to mirror my screen. Any ideas on this?

I also have a vague idea that I might have needed to use safari rather than chrome to mirror the screen last year, but I don't see anything in safari to help me mirror it the way I do when I'm in chrome.

Thanks for any help.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I also have a Roku streaming device. Maybe I had to use that last year? It probably was because I don't use a roku for anything, but I have one. I bet I purchased one last year because I couldn't get my macbook to cast using wireless on my panasonic bluray player or my fire cube.

Which begs the question then, how to I get to my roku to see if I can cast using that???

Last edited:

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Got Airplay (apple sucks) to work with the roku, which must be why I purchased it. Still can't google to work with any device without the 'available for specific video' hurdle, though I can see the roku, the fire cube, and the blu-ray player all on wifi. Any way to get them to cast the mac to the projector?

Thanks.