Avaya digital phone system not showing missed outside calls in call log

mikejahnke101

Commendable
May 15, 2016
Hello,

So I am working on an Avaya digital phone system and there is a strange occurrence going on with a couple of phones.

So far, on two phones, they are not showing missed calls that were outside calls in the missed calls log. Any missed calls from internal extensions show in the call log just fine. It's only calls that are from outside the system that don't show in the call log

Note that this is NOT a system wide issue. Outside calls are showing just fine in the call logs on other phones. It's just the two phones that are having this problem.

The two phones that are having the issues are the following models.
-Avaya 9504
-Avaya 1408

These phones are running on Avaya IP Office Manager, release 8.1.

Anyone have any idea of what could be causing just these two phones to not display missed outside calls in the call log? Or how to fix this issue?

Thank you and let me know if you need anymore information!

Solution
Was able to find the solution on my own. Posting solution incase anyone anyone else needs help on this.

Found that the best solution that worked was to go into IP Office Manager > System > Telephony > Call Log > Log Missed Calls Answered at Coverage. Checked that setting, saved the configuration, made a few test calls, and worked like a charm.

Found that was going on is, on these models of phones, if that setting is not checked, the phones assume that if the VoiceMail answers the call, the call is not missed. But, if the VoiceMail did not answer it, and the caller hung up after a few rings, the call was under missed calls. So, checking this setting makes the call still show as missed, even if the VoiceMail answers it.

Kind of a...

mikejahnke101

Commendable
May 15, 2016
Was able to find the solution on my own. Posting solution incase anyone anyone else needs help on this.

Found that the best solution that worked was to go into IP Office Manager > System > Telephony > Call Log > Log Missed Calls Answered at Coverage. Checked that setting, saved the configuration, made a few test calls, and worked like a charm.

Found that was going on is, on these models of phones, if that setting is not checked, the phones assume that if the VoiceMail answers the call, the call is not missed. But, if the VoiceMail did not answer it, and the caller hung up after a few rings, the call was under missed calls. So, checking this setting makes the call still show as missed, even if the VoiceMail answers it.

Kind of a goofy setting if you ask me, but this was the solution.

Solution