Average Broadband Speed in UK Rises to 9Mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainblacko

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Do you think it's worth me contacting talktalk and complaining my broadband is under performing when compared to the average rates?

i get around 6mb/s on talktalk and im less than 1mile from the exchange on an unlimited package.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
1st year of getting my own place, O2, 20mbps plan (with average of 5mbps, highly unstable with unlimited jitter!) just because the "unlimited" usage. However, it isn't, and the tenants and I received a few warning letters.
2nd year, my friends wanted SkyTV. So, 24mbps? or 20? plan, almost the same, except slightly higher speed with FKing speed cap when we are actually using it. Yet another advertised unlimited bullshit.
3rd year, Virgin 8mbps (because my building doesn't have fiber laid yet), and it sucks even worse... horrible capping, horrible latency, horrible speed...
After that, finally, my savior, BE Unlimited offers their service, truely unlimited, and holy the fastest speed you can get!

G

Wow English Taffy flows at a faster rate, No blueray for the Queen!

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
[citation][nom]bavman[/nom]I think the US is gonna take a nice jump soon once google gets on rolling out fiber lines in major towns[/citation]
That will happen in three-to-five years :(

Status
Not open for further replies.