[SOLVED] Average total lifespan of a Intel stock fan?

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
What's the average total lifespan of a intel cpu stock fan? Mine is a i7 4790k with daily usage below (always) 50-55c temperature, desktop idle temp is around 40-49c including video watching on YouTube and gaming always below the max 55c, should I switch to Passive cooling under windows power settings at control panel, or should I stick with active. I can't get a new fan especially now so I must guard the lifespan of both cpu itself and its fan. I'm using this CPU/fan since more than 4 years, I went into hard times getting around 75c-85c when I first get it due to I discovered the power settings 3-4 months later, but it was long time ago and since then always stayed below 55c including video editing and gaming.

Thank you in advance

Solution
I've used tons of stock Intel coolers, in dozens of builds I have made for clients of mine (just tiny workstations). And I've never had a stock fan from Intel go out yet. As said they are pretty bullet proof.

I wouldn't worry about it, plus you're running a 4790K on a underpowered cooler for that CPU so I would definitely leave it on active.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would be willing to bet that somewhere in tech specs there is likely a rating for the fan bearing/motor.

They are typically quite rugged if not the best option on the market....AND I have pulled them out of new packages failed. YMMV

I've used tons of stock Intel coolers, in dozens of builds I have made for clients of mine (just tiny workstations). And I've never had a stock fan from Intel go out yet. As said they are pretty bullet proof.

I wouldn't worry about it, plus you're running a 4790K on a underpowered cooler for that CPU so I would definitely leave it on active.

Solution

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019

Thank you so much, for detailed information