[SOLVED] AX3000 Wifi 6 PCIe Adapter with Intel AX200 chipset could not find Bluetooth ?

Jakepoong

Reputable
Oct 6, 2016
Hi Guys, recently I bought a new PCIe Wifi6 + Bluetooth Adapter. The model is TOTOLINK X3000PE (TOTOLINK AX3000). It is using Intel AX200 Chipset. The wifi work flawlessly no problem. But, I could not use my Bluetooth. Yes I have plugged in the PCIE to USB Port on my motherboard. For drivers, I had installed both manufacturer and Intel Officials' drivers, still nothing. In Device Manager, even I choose show my hidden device, still no Bluetooth tab. But, there is a Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) in my device manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. I had search the internet for various method and still no help. Including power off and unplug everything, hold my Start button for 20 sec and restart. Anyone has idea on how to fix this? Thanks!

PS: For the onboard USB port, both of them are working as my HUE+ and my Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi lighting both work using those 2 ports. So no broken pins I guess.
PSS: I even formatted my PC to avoid drivers crash or something, still no luck.
PSSS: Disabled fastboot and tweaked every related Bios settings related to USB Device, no luck.

This is my spec:

CPU: i5-6600K
Motherboard: Asus Z170S Sabertooth (BIOS 3801)
Ram: 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4
SSD/HDD: 128GB OEM PCIE SSD + 2TB Toshiba HDD
GPU: Zotac GTX970
PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W (3-4 Years Old)
Chassis: NZXT S340 Elite

Solution
The Bluetooth should at the very least show up as an unknown enumerated device under usb connections. If you used the same port with other devices, I would say you ax200 is broken.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
What if you rightclick the unknown usb device->update drivers and try manual search on your pc? Point at the folder with the drivers in it.

Maybe it is just a compatibility issue with the older system.

Yes I have plugged in the PCIE to USB Port on my motherboard.
This is also the right way in on the pcie cards side? Don't know if it will fit both ways.

Jakepoong

Reputable
Oct 6, 2016
What if you rightclick the unknown usb device->update drivers and try manual search on your pc? Point at the folder with the drivers in it.

Maybe it is just a compatibility issue with the older system.

This is also the right way in on the pcie cards side? Don't know if it will fit both ways.
No drivers detected if I use manual search on my PC, it just say it is the latest driver installed if i update it automatically.

Yes the pcie card side is also no problem. I even tried the other PCIE slot, still no luck haha. Wifi working tho, just the bluetooth cant be found.

And yea I might test it with my fren 10th gen system see if it is compatibility issue or hardware issue. Will update soon ! Sorry for broken english tho haha.

Jakepoong

Reputable
Oct 6, 2016
You did point at the folder the drivers are in? Or even better open the folder and point at the driverfile. Just to be sure. Still can happen that it won't work.
Yes I just formatted my PC so all the drivers are in the DOWNLOAD folder. Theres Intel driver and also my wifi card manufacturer drivers. Nothing detected.

Jakepoong

Reputable
Oct 6, 2016
Update: The seller checked and it was the cable problem, after changing to other cable, straight Plug and Play haha. So this is a hardware issues.
Thank you guys for giving so many information in solving this problem. Much appreciate it!

Reactions: Vic 40