Azza Solano 1000 case front USB slow

begna112

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
I have this setup:

CPU: intel i5 750
GPU: nvidia geforce 9800 gtx+
motherboard: Gigabyte ga-p55a-ud3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128412
RAM: 8gb
CASE: Azza Solano 1000 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811517004
hdd's: 2x1tb hitachi, 1x40gb Corsair ssd

ok so my system is a beauty if I do say so myself but I am having this problem with the USB slots in the case. if I plug a USB flash drive into the case drives my max transfer speed is like 3mb/s but if I plug it directly into one of the motherboard USB ports I can get up to 28-30 mb/s.

what's the deal with this anyone have any ideas? maybe I don't have the connectors plugged in correctly? the board manual is REALLY confusing on what is what on the pin connectors. but I think I have it right..

any ideas or anyone have a similar situation?

JohnSeers

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Hi

I have a similar problem with an Antec 900 case. My front USB ports are really slow and one external disk has problems using them.

Did you get any solution?

Regards

JS

begna112

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
not really, I tried switching them like the previous guy said and it kinda worked but only a little. I saw a huge boost when transferring single files but whenever I try moving a folder or alot of files it slows down to rediculously slow speeds. and it doesn't matter which flash drive I use. and the drive on the other end is a solid state drive

JohnSeers

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
I serached around a bit and found a few posts suggesting Antec front USB boards are a bit problematic. Something to do with grounding and filters being bypassed. Some people even suggested Antec might provide a new USB front if you asked.
As mine is a new case I am a bit surprised if that is my problem as you would think it would have been fixed. But I think my next step is to ask Antec support.

JS

JohnSeers

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Hi Begna112

Not sure yet if any luck. I contacted Antec support and they immediately offered to send me a new front USB. But they have not confirmed they have done it. Also I unknowingly went through a USA customer support centre so I am not sure that will work. Also confused by the fact my front USB did not seem to match what they had on offer. I will chase them up and see what will happen.
Very nice of them to offer a new front panel but it does not help me know that it will cure the problem.

John

JohnSeers

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
OK, some progress. Antec have confirmed they have sent me a new USB front panel but as it is from the USA it may take a few days. They have not told me which sort of panel they have sent me.