Status
Not open for further replies.

uuu

Aug 10, 2020
Got kind of a weird one here. I ordered a new camera from B&H and when I opened the box today... there was no camera inside. Just the charger, books, flash, strap, wall adapter, etc. No actual physical camera body, or battery for that matter. There was NOT a place for the camera to be placed, but being that B&H has a pretty good rep, my first thought was that someone had stolen the camera and just left the rest. So I check the shipping weight on the box, 3.1 pounds. Then I use my own shipping scale to check the weight of the package... 3.1 pounds. They just flat out didn't ship my camera that I had paid next day shipping for. I thought "Whatever, I'll contact them, they will make it right."

Wrong. The customer service rep I spoke to "Luke" was a total arrogant <Mod edit>. Every time I explained that they just hadn't shipped it, he told me their records indicated that it has been shipped. When I told him the box weighs 3.1 pounds right now without the camera, and that the camera itself is 1.19 pounds, he basically kept telling me to go <Mod edit>myself and that their records indicate that it was shipped.

I've ordered from them often, I even have a B&H card. But beware, it only takes one bad experience for them to reveal who they really are.

P.S. Got myself the transcript because this particular back and forth made me laugh.

Me: Open that claim. I'll be headed to your Warehouse today to find my camera.
Luke M: We will contact you via email once teh claim is closed .
Me: I'll literally be going today.
Luke M: I do not suggest that as they will be unable to assist you .
Me: They have my camera. I'll just be picking it up. I won't even charge you guys shipping and handling.

Last edited by a moderator:

uuu

Aug 10, 2020
Sounds like they screwed up and then you got a very poor customer service rep. I would bring this to the attention of somebody a lot higher up in the company.

That's what I'm assuming is what happened, not sure how to get to somebody higher up. Their wait time says I'll be on hold for 106 minutes. I'll be getting comfy.

You should be able to just ask for a supervisor or something similar, keep us updated because that sound really, really unexpected from such a reliable company.
Good job covering the bases by weighing the package to confirm it wasnt stolen.
You say there wasnt a place for the camera to go, can you post a picture of that? Im interested to see what that even looks like.

Reactions: uuu

uuu

Aug 10, 2020
YVI2Ku7.jpg

uuu

Aug 10, 2020
You should be able to just ask for a supervisor or something similar, keep us updated because that sound really, really unexpected from such a reliable company.
Good job covering the bases by weighing the package to confirm it wasnt stolen.
You say there wasnt a place for the camera to go, can you post a picture of that? Im interested to see what that even looks like.

Accidentally double posted (Now triple) haha.

Yeah someone screwed up bad there, it shouldnt be hard to convince a reasonable customer service rep to fix that issue, given the narrative, the conversation that took place, the photos, and the weights.

uuu

Aug 10, 2020
Yeah someone screwed up bad there, it shouldnt be hard to convince a reasonable customer service rep to fix that issue, given the narrative, the conversation that took place, the photos, and the weights.

That's what I'm thinking, we're (my girlfriend and I) expecting a call back in two hours, I'll update you to let you know how the conversation goes.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I personally had a bad experience through B&H via Newegg. I purchased a well priced GPU from them for it to show shipped and never arrive. They tied my money up for two weeks to argue that I got it, then messed me around stating that the item was on backorder in spite of actively being listed as available both on Newegg and online. Newegg ended up stepping up on my behalf and since then I actively avoid using them, even through 3rd party.

Reactions: uuu

uuu

Aug 10, 2020
I personally had a bad experience through B&H via Newegg. I purchased a well priced GPU from them for it to show shipped and never arrive. They tied my money up for two weeks to argue that I got it, then messed me around stating that the item was on backorder in spite of actively being listed as available both on Newegg and online. Newegg ended up stepping up on my behalf and since then I actively avoid using them, even through 3rd party.

I will say I'll hold out for the call. Like @RealBeast said, it's possible I just got a <Mod Edit> rep. If they continue to be <Mod Edit>, I'll be spreading the gospel of staying away from them. If they remedy it, I'll update the initial post with an update so future google-rs can see they made it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFRet

Titan
How are you digging the X-T1? Like 90% of my work is video so I'm just excited for those sweet, sweet 4K recordings. Had to buy some huge memory cards to fill haha.
I have nothing bad to say about it. 2 generations older than your T3, but I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon.
It more than fills my needs.

gJzBvkf.jpg

Yt0kaZT.jpg

O1bzFE3.png

AbBucg3.jpg

USAFRet

Titan
Man, those plane shots are sweet. Good eye!
The Air Force 1 (VC-25) is literally right over my neighborhood.
They use the local airport once a month or so for aircrew training. Fly from DC, and do several laps around the airport here.
The Thunderbird is coming in for an air show a few years ago.

uuu

Aug 10, 2020
The Air Force 1 (VC-25) is literally right over my neighborhood.
They use the local airport once a month or so for aircrew training. Fly from DC, and do several laps around the airport here.
The Thunderbird is coming in for an air show a few years ago.

I light right by an air force base myself and I have now tuned out the sound of planes, Never knew I liked them so much until I happened to live by a base.

That's pretty dope that you get to consistently snag those shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.