B150M-C D3 - Can't boot, can't access bios, please help

scoon1

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015
Hey, looking for some help with this. I have an asus B150M-C D3. Was working fine, no hint of an issue and then one day it would not boot (no beeps or anything). Unplugged and left for over 24 hours, it powered up and booted OK, then the next day, the same problem. I noticed the rear fan had stopped working so replaced it. PC booted fine and it worked for a few hours, and then after restarting, it would not boot again. I searched and installed various updates and found the bios I had installed was Version 0250, well outdated, so I downloaded Version 2202 and restarted to bios and updated to the new version with a USB drive. Update seemed to progress without an issue and the PC restarted but would not boot into Windows. I figured I would try clearing the CMOS so removed the battery and replaced after an hour.

When I now turn on, I get the ASUS screen with Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS
but hitting either DEL or F2 does nothing

Next I get the Amercian Megatrends screen, stating ASUS B150M-C DE ACPI BIOS Revision 2202 CPU: Intel(R) Core)TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz

Total Memory 16384MB (DDR3-1333)

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting
Press F1 to run setup

I press F1 and I am in ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility - Advanced Mode

Update BIOS

To finish BIOS update, you have to select the same BIOS file (.cap file) again to continue updating the BIOS. Please DO NOT shut down or restart the computer during BIOS updating.

Next I am asked to select Drive:
Internet (offline) - If I click this, I get a message saying the Pc will now restart with internet enabled, but the PC restarts and everyting is exactly the same (still offline) - ethernet is plugged in.
Storage Device(s) - I cannot click this at all. I have tried installing the USB drive in the 2.0 ports on the back and front of the case and the 3.0 ports. I have disconnected the SATA. The USB drive I am using is FAT32 and just a tiny bit less than 1gb - it works in a different PC

Do I have any options available to me now other than to buy a replacement mobo?

I would be so grateful for any support anyone can provide on this.