juacarrizo

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
Hi people, hope all of you are fine!

First I'll state my specs

B250 MORTAR ARCTIC
i5 7500 3,4
16 gb 2400 mhz MUSHKIN BLACKLINE
GEFORCE GTX 960 4GB VRAM (from old pc) with HDMI cable and DVI cable with a converter
Two HDs 1TB each (don't remember the rest of the info but I figure it shouldn't be a problem, from old pc)
SENTEY 550W (from old PC)

I recently got a new mobo, dram and cpu and tried installing but came with the following problem:

I installed evertyhing (im no pro but I have done this before without issues) and the PC starts, fans run smooth but I get no signal from the monitor, I figure it doesn boot but since I can't see anything it's hard to know.
The EZ DEBUG LEDs show:
CPU lights for a sec and goes off
DRAM lights for a sec and goes off
GPU light does not turn
BOOT light does not turn
the cycle starts again with cpu and dram turning on and off.

I tried switching (with the hdmi cable) to the onboard graphic card but it's the same, i tried using the vga/dvi with the GPU but nothing (couldn't do that with the onboard since it has a dvi-d slot)

i haven't tried:
Unpluging everything and installing again
Update my Bios
Different CPU / mem stick / monitor / gpu (since I don't have one and here all of those are really expensive)
but I am aware of that post with 20 or something things to try before posting but none of those seemed to fix the issue.
I read a lot of post of people having similar problem but all got different solutions (or none at all)

I don't know what else to do?

Could it be the PSU is not strong enough to support my computer?
Or the ram is not compatible?

Im at loss... if anyone can think of something?

Thank you very much

UPDATE: My vendor told me that my mobo model does not need update for that CPU and everything should be compatible.
So i figure today or tomorrow i'll be taking everything to him for checking...

Meanwhile i'will keep trying other solutions

UPDATE2: my computer may be in short, i checked that but ill double check and report

Solution
Problem Solved:

Mobo was faulty, had a factory defect, went to my vendor and changed it, now work wonders.

One thing new i learned: if you change your mobo, you must reinstall OS =/

juacarrizo

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

Thanks for replying.

I tried connecting to onboard video, but nothing happesn. I have one stick of 16 gbs, so I can't try that, i switched slots though.

I have yet to try installing everything from scratch and hope for a magical solution.

But you have to remove GPU before trying that - with GPU installed you will not get display from motherboard.
If you have just one ram stick, I would consider faulty RAM as first suspect.

juacarrizo

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

Yes of course, I removed the gpu, I even cleared cmos and removed the small battery, and try that pressing power while unplugged.

I don't even have a best bet for the culprit, the EZ debug leds blink cpu and dram but when it's gpu's turn it starts the cycle again from cpu, so i figure those work but i really dunno

unfortunately i don't have another ddr4 stick to try

juacarrizo

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
Yes, i think tomorrow i'll take everything to my vendor, and let em sort this out.
I'll do one final check today, my last check is the PSU atx plug, I just saw an image of it with some of the metal contacts missing from it, figure it could happen to me as well but i didn't look at that...

juacarrizo

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
Problem Solved:

Mobo was faulty, had a factory defect, went to my vendor and changed it, now work wonders.

One thing new i learned: if you change your mobo, you must reinstall OS =/

Solution

TRENDING THREADS