[SOLVED] B350 Tomahawk ram compatibility?

kilyncrenshaw12

Commendable
Feb 16, 2018
I'm trying to upgrade my ryzen 5 1500x system from 8gb to 16gb of ram. Right now I have 2x4gb of patriot viper 4. On the motherboards website it says this ram is only compatible with slots 2 and 4. Would getting an identical 2x4gb kit work in quad channel?

Solution
I'm trying to upgrade my ryzen 5 1500x system from 8gb to 16gb of ram. Right now I have 2x4gb of patriot viper 4. On the motherboards website it says this ram is only compatible with slots 2 and 4. Would getting an identical 2x4gb kit work in quad channel?
Quad channel is out of question, 2 pairs of RAM in in 2 dual channel only. If you are just adding 2x4GB chances are that they might not work together well even if they are identical
Quad channel is out of question, 2 pairs of RAM in in 2 dual channel only. If you are just adding 2x4GB chances are that they might not work together well even if they are identical

Reactions: mctrader07
Solution