B350 Tomohawk Lacking lighting control options.

erosion139

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015
I am puzzled at the lack of lighting functions on my B350 tomohawk motherboard. I have an RGB strip attatched to the header and the only functions are, flashing, double flashing, breathing, and static. No brightness control, No color cycle. Nothing special... Im using the gaming app software to control the LED's. Is this the right one???? I also heard of mystic light but cant find a download link but maybe im confused what it actually is... Point me in the right direction. :)

Solution
Well you have to understand that this is the lowest tier of Ryzen motherboards. X379 will probably net more options. However, I enjoy NZXT Hue+ as it is easier and only requires a USB 2.0 header. You get many options, including colors for temps, gaming, or music. Not to mention, CAM is a great monitoring software.
Well you have to understand that this is the lowest tier of Ryzen motherboards. X379 will probably net more options. However, I enjoy NZXT Hue+ as it is easier and only requires a USB 2.0 header. You get many options, including colors for temps, gaming, or music. Not to mention, CAM is a great monitoring software.

Solution

erosion139

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015

Perhaps I am just underwhelmed by the software. I think to myself, wouldn't it be so easy just to implement a free software with a 100$ motherboard? It just makes the RGB header completely useless to me.

I agree, but that would require more development. And at this price point, can't really complain TOO much because you still can overclock your CPU, no matter what kind it is.

erosion139

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015

Yeah I guess so. I guess later down the road ill purchase myself a hue+ to control my lighting. Still unfortunate though, kinda wish I could perform a rainbow light show in my computer. :)