XoneRato

Reputable
Jul 29, 2016
Hi,
I currently own a i5-6500 and I'm looking to upgrade to an AMD cpu. But i came across a dilema. First I was going for the Ryzen 5 3600 + Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, but after some research i found out that the B450 Tomahawk Max was also a good option for 3rd gen ryzen, and it's also way cheaper cheaper. So i though why not just buy a Ryzen 7 3700x with a B450 and pay only +70€ (where I live). But i don't know, i need some opinions.., I would like to have some future proof too. I use the pc more to code and I occasionally play some AAA games.

Hi,
I currently own a i5-6500 and I'm looking to upgrade to an AMD cpu. But i came across a dilema. First I was going for the Ryzen 5 3600 + Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, but after some research i found out that the B450 Tomahawk Max was also a good option for 3rd gen ryzen, and it's also way cheaper cheaper. So i though why not just buy a Ryzen 7 3700x with a B450 and pay only +70€ (where I live). But i don't know, i need some opinions.., I would like to have some future proof too. I use the pc more to code and I occasionally play some AAA games.
Both have the same base clock speed of 3.6GHz. Single core performance will be relatively close with the 3700X having a slight edge. If the coding software you're using can take advantage of the 3700X's additional 2 cores then get it. Otherwise, the 3600 with the B450 board would be fine.
Passmark Comparison