[SOLVED] B450 Settings Locked? Bios F51

Jan 25, 2020
I have a Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite motherboard that was originally running Bios F41. I flashed an update to the latest version, Bios F51, and now I don’t seem to be able to edit frequency, timings, or voltage.

Everything under the M.I.T. tab (Adv. Frequency Settings, Adv. Memory Settings, Adv. Voltage Settings) is locked in “Auto” mode and greyed out.

The Periferals tab has AMD CBS Settings that I can edit, but none of those look familiar.

Am I missing something? This wouldn’t be as big a problem if my MoBo wasn’t running my DDR4 2133 RAM at 933.3 MHz on auto. As far as I’m aware 2133 MHz is a standard speed that doesn’t require overclocking so I’m not even sure why this issue is present in the first place.

So uh, am I just being dumb? Or did the F51 bios update lock me out of the overclock Settings?

Solution
Remember when the third gen Ryzen CPUs first came out? Wasn't there an article about the BIOS chip sizes being too small and that in order to add the 3rd Gen Ryzen support, the 1st Gen Ryzen would need to be dropped?

I suspect (but only Gigabyte could confirm this) that something like this might have happened and that the update to F51 required that some other functionality needed to be removed.

Either that or the update was flawed in some way and you just need to flash back to F41.

-Wolf sends
Jan 25, 2020
How did you do your BIOS updates and did you do all of them one by one or did you do F41 to F50?
I looked online for the proper steps and even called my local Microcenter’s tech support center before I flashed the bios. I was told that I didn’t need to flash every single update; that as long as I was going from F41 straight to F51 I would be fine.

zx128k

Reputable
I looked online for the proper steps and even called my local Microcenter’s tech support center before I flashed the bios. I was told that I didn’t need to flash every single update; that as long as I was going from F41 straight to F51 I would be fine.

Gigabyte support would be the best people to contact. They should be able to answer your questions. There could be a BIOS opinion that you need to enable in F51 that was not in F41.

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
Remember when the third gen Ryzen CPUs first came out? Wasn't there an article about the BIOS chip sizes being too small and that in order to add the 3rd Gen Ryzen support, the 1st Gen Ryzen would need to be dropped?

I suspect (but only Gigabyte could confirm this) that something like this might have happened and that the update to F51 required that some other functionality needed to be removed.

Either that or the update was flawed in some way and you just need to flash back to F41.

-Wolf sends

Solution

TRENDING THREADS