Question B450 Tomahawk BIOS Flashback not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2020
So I'm trying to use the Bios flashback button to flash the bios so I can install a ryzen 7 3700x cpu, the issue I'm running into is that when I press the button, there is no led that turns on and the board itself does not do anything, and before you ask, yes I followed the steps of the instructions to the letter, the power supply 24 pin atx power and 8 pin cpu power are all that is connected to the mobo, the flash drive is a brand new 16gb formatted FAT32 with MBR, all that is on it is the MSI.ROM file, I just need to get the button itself to work, could someone please help

Apr 24, 2020
Same issue, the board is powered on now, with the red CPU debug led on as there is no cpu connected, but when I press the bios flashback button, it doesn't do anything

One other thing I've read helps is to remove absolutely everything unneeded for the actual flashback. That is: no CPU, no memory, no drives, no GPU. Just the 24pin and (if needed) the CPU +12V connectors from the PSU.

The flashback feature was originally intended for updating boards from stock and so would not have anything at all installed. So this makes sense.

Reactions: boju
Apr 24, 2020
Update: I took it and had the computer repair place update the bios since the flashback button just doesn't function as far as I'm concerned, now it's all put together and running smoothly

Status
Not open for further replies.