Question B450M-A PRO MAX Huge Issues, no Signal to Monitor !

Jul 4, 2022
Hello
I recently bought the following specs to build a small PC but since it is my FIRST AMD PC am having lots of issues !...

B450M-A PRO MAX
AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5GHz Dual-Core Quad-Thread Tray Processor CPU YD3000C6M2OFH AM4 Socket
CRUCIAL BASICS SERIES 8GB 2666Mhz DDR4 CL19 Pc Ram CB8GU2666
RTX 3090 GPU

everything is connected just fine as i built several PCs in the past, i tried connecting an HDMI cable from both the GPU and/or the motherboard to the Monitor: No Signal on Monitor !...
Again tried connecting from GPU HDMI to Monitor: No Signal !
Connecting from GPU DP to Monitor: Same Thing !

I then read somewhere that i need to Flash the BIOS so i followed this guy's tutorial:
MSI B450-A Pro MAX USB BIOS Flash Guide M Flash Without CPU - YouTube

The LED will flash few times only then turn static White for 10 Minutes+

I tried everything possible for first day of troubleshooting and honestly am starting to regret buying an AMD probably should've stick with INTEL from now one...

Please suggest to me what i should do next to get a signal on my monitor...

thanks,

Jul 4, 2022
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450M-A-PRO-MAX/support#cpu. Click on link and search for Athlon 3000G. You will find lastest and official drivers. If the issue continues I would suggest you for getting RMA service. Can you please mention system specs.

i thought for BIOS update you simply need to downlaod the most recent BIOS version so i downloaded the one from here:
B450M-A PRO MAX | Motherboard | MSI Global

am not really sure what am doing and why no signal coming on the screen is that a CPU compatibility issue really ?!?...

i already mentioned the full specs its a mining RIG with 2x 1000w PSUs, am not using any weird accessories etc simply connecting the board to the monitor with usual stuff but no signal is showing on my monitor !...

thanks,

Jul 4, 2022
What Bios version did you flash ?
Is it really a NVIDIA 3090 in this machine ?
What PSU ( exact model and power) ?
What happens when you take the GPU out and try only with thé CPU and connect the monitor to the motherboard ?

am trying the most recent one here:
B450M-A PRO MAX | Motherboard | MSI Global

yes its a mining rig with 2x 1000w PSUs...

> What happens when you take the GPU out and try only with thé CPU and connect the monitor to the motherboard ?

That was the first thing i tried but since this cpu got no built in graphics controller i guess it doesnt work !... (no signal)

Jul 4, 2022
WTF !
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-A-PRO-MAX/support#cpu
Did you check if this CPU is supported by your mobo ?
I can not find it on the list

The Athlon 3000G has a iGPU
https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-athlon-3000g

well what do you know ! it seems thats the one i have with built in GPU !?!...

Description from Amazon:
CPU AMD AM4 Athlon 3000G Tray 2x3.5GHz, 5MB Cache, 8x PCIe3.0-Lanes, 35W Vega 3 1100MHz, DDR4/ 2666MHz (64 GB max), no heatsink

BTW something really weird is happening, i connected one of the PSUs directly to the motherboard and things worked magically, so i kept adding one card after the other till i added a specific card (might be damaged) and Signal wont come to screen anymore ! Now i tried to replicate what i did before even with a single PSU i still wont get a freekin signal on my monitor ! any help appreciated...

WTF !

well what do you know ! it seems thats the one i have with built in GPU !?!...

Description from Amazon:
CPU AMD AM4 Athlon 3000G Tray 2x3.5GHz, 5MB Cache, 8x PCIe3.0-Lanes, 35W Vega 3 1100MHz, DDR4/ 2666MHz (64 GB max), no heatsink

BTW something really weird is happening, i connected one of the PSUs directly to the motherboard and things worked magically, so i kept adding one card after the other till i added a specific card (might be damaged) and Signal wont come to screen anymore ! Now i tried to replicate what i did before even with a single PSU i still wont get a freekin signal on my monitor ! any help appreciated...
I would do a CLEAR CMOS.
Clearly after checking, your CPU and mobo are compatible and should work with latest Bios you installed.
It is likely that the problems comes from on the cards you add.

Do a CLEAR CMOS and start again with a single GPU

Last edited: