[SOLVED] b550 Aorus Elite v2 secure boot not working? BIOS issue on Gigabyte?

drijakralj002

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
Hello people, recently I installed new Windows 11, everything worked fine until I was met with one really weird problem.
So basically I wanted to play some CSGO faceit but anti cheat said that I need to enable Secure Boot, and so I tried. After few tries MOBA got bricked, I tried resetting CMOS removing battery ext... Nothing help.
After that whole mess I bought B550 Aorus Elite v2, and now after updating it with newest Bios possible I'm met with same problem, when I went into bios I disabled CSM, Secure boot was enabled but NOT active and tpm 2.0 was enabled. After that I restarted the PC to apply the changes I m met with beeping speaker and then it boots straight to windows without post screen which means I cant get into bios no more. Soo possibly I could fix this by restarting the CMOS but the question is how can I enable Secure Boot because it seems that on both of the boards that I tried its not possible ? I searched the web couldnt find the answers. Not sure if im doing something wrong or something is messed up. I hope some of you will help me find the solution . Thanks in advance .
specs:
Ryzen 5 3600x
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
GTX 1080
Corsair Vengeances Pro 3200mhz 2x8gb
B550 Aorus Elite v2
GC 650 power supply 80 plus gold
Kingston NVME and 2 harddrives

The problem with Gigabyte boards is that if you try to enable Secure boot and do it in wrong order (as it is has multiple steps) you are very likely to brick the board (as you did with your first board). The other problem is that Gigabyte has never published on their page what the exact order is. Some people managed to find correct sequence that works for their boards and made some videos about that on youtube. However when searching for them you have to be careful: what works on one model might not on another. Also some videos seem to be missing some steps (despite working successfully for the maker of video). To sum it up: it's a fking minefield.

drijakralj002

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
The problem with Gigabyte boards is that if you try to enable Secure boot and do it in wrong order (as it is has multiple steps) you are very likely to brick the board (as you did with your first board). The other problem is that Gigabyte has never published on their page what the exact order is. Some people managed to find correct sequence that works for their boards and made some videos about that on youtube. However when searching for them you have to be careful: what works on one model might not on another. Also some videos seem to be missing some steps (despite working successfully for the maker of video). To sum it up: it's a fking minefield.
Soooo basically I'm f-ed right? hahahahah ffs I knew that I should go for Gigabyte board again ....
Ill wait a bit more maybe someone will give me the exact order thanks for help tho

Well, it's not that bad in this case. It's new board right? So worst case you can RMA or return it and get a working one. Also note that problem is not limited to only Gigabyte boards, boards of other manufacturers have been bricked too, just Gigabyte ones seem to happen way more often. Those problems will probably persist until manufacturers will start delivering boards that have Secure boot enabled by default.

drijakralj002

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
Well, it's not that bad in this case. It's new board right? So worst case you can RMA or return it and get a working one. Also note that problem is not limited to only Gigabyte boards, boards of other manufacturers have been bricked too, just Gigabyte ones seem to happen way more often. Those problems will probably persist until manufacturers will start delivering boards that have Secure boot enabled by default.
Yes the board is new got it few days ago I could RMA it but its such a hassle for such a small thing that I need, ill try one more time if not ill just dich it, I sent the ticket to Gigabyte and asked if they can help me with steps, hopefully they will answer.

drijakralj002

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
I found solution lol its so stupid... Well basically I tried the HDMI port on my GPU and it worked I could see the boot screen and I managed to enable the Secure Boot mode... Its so I dont know Im just confused.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz601pV-i5I&ab_channel=MeowMeowkillmenow
this is the video that I used to get secure boot and its working on my board .