[SOLVED] B550 AORUS ELITE V2 xmp make pc crash and bsod

Mar 28, 2022
So I got new pc recently, turned on xmp. Seems like its crashing games and making bsod (pfn_list_corrupt) my pc.
Also Interburntest shows instability when doing test with xmp enabled even tho cpu temps dont even reach 60celcius, without xmp its shows thats thats my cpu is stable and I dont really encounter any problems besides having slower ram.
Should I set my ram manually to 3200mhz or what should I do? I have latest bios f14 and every driver is update

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
RAM: G.SKILL RipJawsV F4-3200C16D-32GVK DDR4 32 GB CL16 3200 MHz
MB: B550 AORUS ELITE V2
PSU: 650W

Solution
Downgraded to F13, Still got BSOD (pfn_list_corrupt) while working on desktop.
And I tried to set all those values you said and I also tried set ram voltage to 1.39v. With these settings I get 2 beeps and tries to turn on like 5 times and then it finally turns on with old reverted settings in bios.\
I will try running it with xmp and just setting it to 3000mhz. If it works then good if not then I think I gotta look for new ram
For 3600 and above, usually the RttNom are at 7 ( or 34ohm), RttWr at 3 ( or 80ohm), RttPark at 1( or 240ohm) or 4 (60 ohm), most usual Rtt's for OC ing on amd. It could be your ram, or it could be your board. But i would say that this is ram problem. RMA the sticks instead if you wanted to. this is weird...
So I got new pc recently, turned on xmp. Seems like its crashing games and making bsod (pfn_list_corrupt) my pc.
Also Interburntest shows instability when doing test with xmp enabled even tho cpu temps dont even reach 60celcius, without xmp its shows thats thats my cpu is stable and I dont really encounter any problems besides having slower ram.
Should I set my ram manually to 3200mhz or what should I do? I have latest bios f14 and every driver is update

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
RAM: G.SKILL RipJawsV F4-3200C16D-32GVK DDR4 32 GB CL16 3200 MHz
MB: B550 AORUS ELITE V2
PSU: 650W
could you send a zentimings read with your xmp enabled?

I believe this is your post on reddit.

Okay, if you couuld, downgrade to bios F13 (Agesa 1.2.0.3). Agesa 1.2.0.4 and above got some bugs and issues on overclocking. After that download the latest chipet driver on your mobo web page, install, and reboot.

Then enable the fastest XMP Profile, and set ProcODT to 43.6, RttNom at 7 (or 34ohm), RttWr at 3 (or 80ohm), RttPark at 1 (240ohm) or 4(60ohm).

Mar 28, 2022

Okay, if you couuld, downgrade to bios F13 (Agesa 1.2.0.3). Agesa 1.2.0.4 and above got some bugs and issues on overclocking. After that download the latest chipet driver on your mobo web page, install, and reboot.

Then enable the fastest XMP Profile, and set ProcODT to 43.6, RttNom at 7 (or 34ohm), RttWr at 3 (or 80ohm), RttPark at 1 (240ohm) or 4(60ohm).

Yeah, that's my post.

Actually I upgraded from F13 thinking F14 would work.
But anyways, I will try set those things you said and then watch how it goes.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022

So I did what you said but didn't downgrade my bios yet. I will try use it like that for today with F14

So I did what you said but didn't downgrade my bios yet. I will try use it like that for today with F14
If you could, use F13, and wait till Agesa 1.2.0.7 (and it's revision or newer agesa) is very stable.

For 32Gigs, it's common to use RttNom at 7 (or 34ohm), RttWr at 3 (or 80ohm), RttPark at 1 (240ohm) or 4(60ohm), either be it single rank or dual rank. and after you adjust those values, if you want, you could try to OC them to 3600 and above (prolly 3866 or 3933, since 4000mhz on 5000 cpus almost hard to get). Probably you will only need to adjust the ClkDrvStr (or ClkDrvStren) to 40 or 60, always depends on the mobo.

Mar 28, 2022
If you could, use F13, and wait till Agesa 1.2.0.7 (and it's revision or newer agesa) is very stable.

For 32Gigs, it's common to use RttNom at 7 (or 34ohm), RttWr at 3 (or 80ohm), RttPark at 1 (240ohm) or 4(60ohm), either be it single rank or dual rank. and after you adjust those values, if you want, you could try to OC them to 3600 and above (prolly 3866 or 3933, since 4000mhz on 5000 cpus almost hard to get). Probably you will only need to adjust the ClkDrvStr (or ClkDrvStren) to 40 or 60, always depends on the mobo.

And I tried to set all those values you said and I also tried set ram voltage to 1.39v. With these settings I get 2 beeps and tries to turn on like 5 times and then it finally turns on with old reverted settings in bios.\
I will try running it with xmp and just setting it to 3000mhz. If it works then good if not then I think I gotta look for new ram

For 3600 and above, usually the RttNom are at 7 ( or 34ohm), RttWr at 3 ( or 80ohm), RttPark at 1( or 240ohm) or 4 (60 ohm), most usual Rtt's for OC ing on amd. It could be your ram, or it could be your board. But i would say that this is ram problem. RMA the sticks instead if you wanted to. this is weird because with RTT adjusted cant ran 3200 on loose cl16 timings. If on normal speed worked, and xmp not, then certainly it's Ram issues.

Another issues from gigabyte mobos are they sometimes wont do above 3600mhz stable no bugs like audio crackling, input latency, etc. no matter how much SOC Voltage you throw and VDDG and VDDP values you throw. The solution to this is to just stay at 3600 and enable "XMP High Frequency" at level 3 (which will lock to 3600 mhz 1:1;1. for now, you could try to enable XMP speed and enable "XMP High Frequency" at level 1, then try to boot. If it's fine, try adjust the Rtts (you should know if your RTTs use OHM or Values) like what i suggested. Also AMD Chipset Driver on the latest might help you (on amd web it's now the latest 4.03).

Solution
Mar 28, 2022
For 3600 and above, usually the RttNom are at 7 ( or 34ohm), RttWr at 3 ( or 80ohm), RttPark at 1( or 240ohm) or 4 (60 ohm), most usual Rtt's for OC ing on amd. It could be your ram, or it could be your board. But i would say that this is ram problem. RMA the sticks instead if you wanted to. this is weird because with RTT adjusted cant ran 3200 on loose cl16 timings. If on normal speed worked, and xmp not, then certainly it's Ram issues.

Another issues from gigabyte mobos are they sometimes wont do above 3600mhz stable no bugs like audio crackling, input latency, etc. no matter how much SOC Voltage you throw and VDDG and VDDP values you throw. The solution to this is to just stay at 3600 and enable "XMP High Frequency" at level 3 (which will lock to 3600 mhz 1:1;1. for now, you could try to enable XMP speed and enable "XMP High Frequency" at level 1, then try to boot. If it's fine, try adjust the Rtts (you should know if your RTTs use OHM or Values) like what i suggested. Also AMD Chipset Driver on the latest might help you (on amd web it's now the latest 4.03).

Oh. my chipset drivers was not updated then. I got mine from gigabyte website. On AMD website, drivers are much newer.
And what about ram. by now Im using xmp enabled and just changed freq to 3000mhz. Seems stable, interburntest on high doesn't show any instabilities. Maybe chipset drivers solved my problems gonna use it for few days to see how many bsods and crashes I get. If its alright then I will try to up to 3200mhz.

Oh. my chipset drivers was not updated then. I got mine from gigabyte website. On AMD website, drivers are much newer.
And what about ram. by now Im using xmp enabled and just changed freq to 3000mhz. Seems stable, interburntest on high doesn't show any instabilities. Maybe chipset drivers solved my problems gonna use it for few days to see how many bsods and crashes I get. If its alright then I will try to up to 3200mhz.
if TM5 using Absolut config is not stable, then it would be the same as using kahru test. and yes update the chipset drivers to ver 4.

Mar 28, 2022
if TM5 using Absolut config is not stable, then it would be the same as using kahru test. and yes update the chipset drivers to ver 4.

Should I try TM5 or kahru test? I didn't do it because I don't really have time to set pc for like 12 hours of testing because I need it for work pretty much everyday

Should I try TM5 or kahru test? I didn't do it because I don't really have time to set pc for like 12 hours of testing because I need it for work pretty much everyday
both are usually equals, here my TM5 with Absolut config (open app, press load config, choose absolutnew.cfg and apply/ok, then run the app again as admin, wait for 3 cycles to be done). Just dont forget to enable xmp, enable xmp high freq at level 1, and adjust the RTT's

Mar 28, 2022
both are usually equals, here my TM5 with Absolut config (open app, press load config, choose absolutnew.cfg and apply/ok, then run the app again as admin, wait for 3 cycles to be done). Just dont forget to enable xmp, enable xmp high freq at level 1, and adjust the RTT's

So these 2 days I was using xmp enabled and 3000mhz, everything else is on auto. Didn't notice any instabilities and ran tm5 fine for 1 hour. I don't know should I really bother to get my ram to work at 3200mhz like it should, would be more headache than gains. In my opinion its better to just get new kit with like 3600mhz cl16

So these 2 days I was using xmp enabled and 3000mhz, everything else is on auto. Didn't notice any instabilities and ran tm5 fine for 1 hour. I don't know should I really bother to get my ram to work at 3200mhz like it should, would be more headache than gains. In my opinion its better to just get new kit with like 3600mhz cl16
if 3 cycles are stable and finished without issues, then it should be fine. If you have the money, B dies are your hunt. If you want to save up, Hynix Djr, Micron 8Gbit Rev E and 16Gbit rev B are the best clocker with decent timings at cheaper price.