Question B550 Mobo Help

Dec 7, 2022
Hello, thank you for reading my question. I recently bought a Ryzen 7 5700g and I need to find a compatible motherboard that supports multiple ssd's or hdd's. After my internet searches I could not find any motherboards like it. Could you please recommend a few? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could pick up pretyt much any B550 chipset motherboard that you have access to. What sort of functionality are you looking from your motherboard purchase?

I need to find a compatible motherboard that supports multiple ssd's or hdd's.
Can you elaborate on this? What sort of drives do you want to work with and how many of them in totality?

Where are you located, what is your budget and what is your preferred site for purchase?

Reactions: 32985720
Dec 7, 2022
Hello Lutfij thank you for your reply, to clarify I want the vega 8 and rx 6500xt graphics to work with it. I would preferably like to have 3-4 ssd or hdd ports. My current location is america and I have no preference on what site is used as long as it is not used or shady. Thank you!

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you specified you wanted multiple hdd's and ssd's.

that is what they are asking about. a gpu is not a problem it'll be fine. but how many hdd/ssd's you want to use and what types makes a difference in the mobo needs. also consider usb port types and quantity you may need, your case's front panel needs and anything else different about your system that needs to be taken into consideration when choosing a mobo.

Reactions: Lutfij and 32985720

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
just because the specs say it has so many ports does not mean they can all be used together. for instance my B450 aorus pro has 6 sata ports and 2 m.2 slots.

however each m.2 slot uses 2 of the sata ports. so with 2 nvme drives, i only get 2 of the 6 sata ports active. this is why we are asking how many of what. specifically how many m.2 drives do you hope to use and how many sata at the same time. makes a difference to be sure everything can work together.

and the cheapest thing you can find will be the one that has the most compromises. if its enough, then great, but if not then you end up doing without.

so how many m.2 drives? how many sata drives do you plan on having? usb ports you need? case front panel connections needed?

then we can start offering some models for you to consider.

Reactions: Lutfij