Question B550M Aorus Elite Chinese Version

Dec 6, 2020
Hi, I just bought by Aliexpress the Aorus Elite B550M motherboard, judging by the box, it is a version that is commercialized in China and here comes my question, the origin of the motherboard affects somehow the bios system? or are they all the same regardless of their origin? I ask because I have a Ryzen 5 5600x and I need to update the BIOS to be able to install that cpu on my board.

IMG-20210107-183745.jpg

Hi, I just bought by Aliexpress the Aorus Elite B550M motherboard, judging by the box, it is a version that is commercialized in China and here comes my question, the origin of the motherboard affects somehow the bios system? or are they all the same regardless of their origin? I ask because I have a Ryzen 5 5600x and I need to update the BIOS to be able to install that cpu on my board.

Assuming the model number is identical the only problem I can think of is the BIOS might default to Chinese language. Updating it may require hunting and pecking your way through the update screens by guess and luck...a bit scary I suppose.

That would be a great time to have a Chinese speaking friend!