Question B550M CPU & DRAM Red Lights Changes To CPU & BOOT; PC Won't Boot

CaptainDiabeto

Prominent
Jan 26, 2021
Hi There,
Earlier Today I Was Gaming On My Computer As Normal When Suddenly The Display Shut Off And I Lost Power To All My USB Peripherals; The Power Was Still On To The Rest Of My System. When I Went To Restart My PC, It Wouldn't Boot And Had Red Lights For DRAM And CPU. 5 Seconds Later, All My RGB Lights On My System Dimmed (Which Normally Indicates The PC Is Starting To Boot) And The Red Light For The DRAM Went Away And Was Instead Replaced With A Red BOOT Light. Another 5 Seconds Past And The RGB Lights Went Back On To Fully Bright And The Red Lights Went Back To DRAM And CPU.
When I Leave My PC On, It Loops Infinitely Through These States.

I've Tried Swapping The RAM Around And Only Using 1 Stick And Nothing Has Worked.

Here's My PC Specs If It Helps Anyone:
CPU: Ryzen 5-3600X
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3050
MOBO: ASROCK B550M-PRO4
RAM: 16x2 G.Skill Ripjaw V DDR4-3200 MHz
PSU: A-Power AK 680W

I'm Currently Very Confused On What's Wrong With My System, So Any Help Will Very Much Be Appreciated.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Happy New Year!

You might want to try and see if clearing the CMOS helps. As for your platform, try and see if reseating your ram helps as well.

How old is this unit? Doesn't look reliably built either.

The PSU might've done a number on your parts.

CaptainDiabeto

Prominent
Jan 26, 2021
Happy New Year!

You might want to try and see if clearing the CMOS helps. As for your platform, try and see if reseating your ram helps as well.

How old is this unit? Doesn't look reliably built either.

The PSU might've done a number on your parts.

The PSU Itself Is Only 5 Years Old And Hasn't Had Any Problems, I've Also Reseated The RAM And That Hasn't Changed It Either, And I've Just Cleared The CMOS And That Also Unfortunately Hasn't Worked.
I Hope My PSU Didn't Wait Until Now To Have Problems.