Question B650I Aorus Ultra Gaming Motherboard not posting.

Apr 22, 2024
As what title says, cannot get B650I to post. Specs are:

B650I Motherboard
Ryzen 7 8700G
2 16GB G.Skill Flare X5 DDR5 RAM
Corsair SF750 PSU
No GPU

It is a barebones set up, but it will not post with whatever is tried. Did a Q-Flash BIOS update with multiple versions (F24a, F22, F21, F20) and got the same result. I read that going to a very old BIOS update may work but I do not want to lose the compatibility updates.

I did try to get a post with a GPU but still had nothing. I know it is getting power, power LED as well as fans are all powering on. I have tried multiple monitors, HDMI and DP cords, all having the same result.

I have tried to get a post from 3 of the same motherboards (I build systems for work) and all have not been able to post. My only thoughts going forward is that maybe the RAM is bad or not a fit for the motherboard. The RAM is the only consistent piece throughout each build I have tested, everything else has been new MOBO or new CPU (all the same versions). I am waiting for RAM to be delivered, I know that the actual serial number for the RAM used is not listed on the MOBO's support page so hopefully that will be it, but I have little hope.

Any advice is appreciated, feel like I have exhausted all of my options at this point.

kanewolf

Titan

B650I Motherboard
Ryzen 7 8700G
Corsair SF750 PSU
No GPU

It is a barebones set up, but it will not post with whatever is tried. Did a Q-Flash BIOS update with multiple versions (F24a, F22, F21, F20) and got the same result. I read that going to a very old BIOS update may work but I do not want to lose the compatibility updates.

I did try to get a post with a GPU but still had nothing. I know it is getting power, power LED as well as fans are all powering on. I have tried multiple monitors, HDMI and DP cords, all having the same result.

I have tried to get a post from 3 of the same motherboards (I build systems for work) and all have not been able to post. My only thoughts going forward is that maybe the RAM is bad or not a fit for the motherboard. The RAM is the only consistent piece throughout each build I have tested, everything else has been new MOBO or new CPU (all the same versions). I am waiting for RAM to be delivered, I know that the actual serial number for the RAM used is not listed on the MOBO's support page so hopefully that will be it, but I have little hope.

Any advice is appreciated, feel like I have exhausted all of my options at this point.
There are multiple hardware versions for that motherboard -- https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B650I-AORUS-ULTRA/support#support-childModelsMenu
Which one do you have ?

Apr 22, 2024

B650I Motherboard
Ryzen 7 8700G
Corsair SF750 PSU
No GPU

Was able to finally get a post. These steps helped me:

Q-Flash motherboard to BIOS update F9 and then try to boot (still will not post)
Q-Flash to BIOS update F20 and boot. This time after some time system will post.