News B660 Motherboard Pricing Listed, Significantly Cheaper Than Z690

larkspur

Distinguished
H610 is entry-level.
The microATX Mortar and Bazooka variants are typically aimed at gamers and are comparable to the B550 microATX Mortar and Bazooka variants. Looking at current prices from PCPartPicker for the AMD equivalents, the Intel versions of these are theoretically cheaper if the prices listed hold up. I would also expect the AMD boards listed below to come down in price. These are the current prices though:
The B550m Mortar Wifi is actually more expensive @$227
The B550m Bazooka is also more expensive @$222
The B550m-A Pro is much cheaper @$91
Of course none of that really matters right now. We'll need to wait and see street prices when the Intel boards actually release. Keep in mind PCIe 5 isn't cheap to implement.

Co BIY

Splendid
Comment counts on articles don't seem to be updating? And many articles lack comment fields when first issued ?

I look forward to the reviews of these boards.

I would really like a technical article on what a "chipset" actually is. How many chips ? How many have to be sourced from Intel and how many from third parties. Are the chips being increasingly consolidated ? If so is that consolidation why Intel skipped H670 ?

DDR5 boards could be cheaper now since the Memory Power Control hardware is now on DIMM. But they require better traces and that actually raises costs ?

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
is this supposed to be the entry level or what?
I was about to ask the same question.... it could be because I'm a cheap SOB, or but these don't seem like "entry level" prices at all.
Not only are these expensive, but they also lack CPU OC-ing features. You can only OC the memory, not the CPU as opposed to AM4 motherboards, the B450s/550s where you can.
Scummy intel as usual. Pathetic.

The only thing you'll be missing out on with B660 is CPU overclocking support, but with how cheap the power delivery systems are on sub-$200 Z690 motherboards, you probably wouldn't want to overclock on those boards anyway.
Just look at that reasoning for a missing feature! LMAO, this is the pinnacle of journalism. Making excuses for a **** product.

I got my MSI B450M Mortar Max for $120 and it's one of the best motherboards of it's generation with top of the line VRM, especially good VRMs that I can put and also OC any Ryzen CPU of any generation and it will also support the upcoming Zen3D with ease...

This kind of shilling that this article promotes is absolutely disgusting.
Comment counts on articles don't seem to be updating? And many articles lack comment fields when first issued ?
It's an issue for some time now and frankly I'm not sure it's not a deliberate "issue"...

Last edited:

Co BIY

Splendid

It's an issue for some time now and frankly I'm not sure it's not a deliberate "issue"...

Possibly although I don't see how that could be advantageous. It also seems random, some missing the comment threads/prompts, some with no count but a thread.

Also Reviews don't get posted to the "Front Page" which seems crazy to me.