Question B760 Tomahawk LED post codes + rebooting system.

Mlit

Reputable
Jan 27, 2021
For a couple of weeks now I've had an issue where upon booting up, my system will power off and turn itself back on before displaying an error screen followed by teh motherboard's loading screen and then loading into Windows with the clock set at the time I last shut it down. I've been looking for solutions but have now been paying attention to the motherboard's debug LED codes.
It'll start on orange for about six seconds, go blank for a few more, then will quickly flash white for a split second and then go to a quick red flash before shutting off. Once it powers back on it'll flash red then orange quickly, go blank again then switch to white and then go blank again, staying off for the remainder of my usage of the system until I power it off again myself.

The manual states the following for the LED:

Red: CPU - indicates CPU is not detected or fail.
Yellow: DRAM - indicates DRAM is not detected or fail.
White: VGA - indicates GPU is not detected or fail.

There's also a green for BOOT but this never comes up.

So basically it claims everything on my system is failing. What does that even mean? Nightmare scenario it's the PSU since I really don't want to have to replace that one again, if it's the motherboard so be it, I'll just get a cheaper one if required. It should be noted the sudden reboot happened once not on boot but after Windows was loaded and was accompanied with garbled screen text. The last time I had garbled screen text was from GPU sag and I've since found a better support bracket to deter that going onward. I'll also mention this issue started happening after updating to the latest BIOS version at the time.

So what is even going on? Anyone want to decipher why the lights went on in that pattern?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Mlit

Reputable
Jan 27, 2021
Sure
12700kf
Fractal Lumen s24
B760 Tomahawk DDR4
32GB Kingston Fury Beast 3600MHz
WD Black 1TB NVME
Thermaltake Toughpower 1650 Gold
NZXT H6 Flow
Win11
Can't remember the product number of the monitor off the top of my head. It's an Asus.

BIOS version: E7D96IMS.190 updated 19th March.
The PSU is about a year and half old now.